When will Cadets catch Crown?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

next time they meet

I'm feeling around San Antonio. But in all honesty, I don't have a clue.

Next season. :biggrin:

I'm guessing that if it happens, it will be after July 13. Cadets have a bunch of shows with only a few rehearsal days until the 9th. The 10th, 11th, and 12th are open for three straight days of rehearsal (more or less, maybe some free time). Judging from the press releases in the YEA site, though, sounds like they are pretty frustrated and desperate--so it might never happen.

My guess, (and it's purely a hunch of course) is that it's going to be real tough for them to. I sense that Crown has a lot of momentum right now and are going to continue building on it. I believe if the Cadets do catchem again it will be late season, perhaps Indy. But what do I know, it could be the next show. lol

I'm flying to Boston tomorrow to watch my son march with Crown and I can't wait! I love that there is a serious head-to-head competition between Crown and Cadets so far this season. I have to think that level of competition between the two corps is making both corps better prepared for every future performance which is great for them and for the fans in the stands.

I'll be chewing my nails, sick to my stomach, anxiously awaiting scores because of the close competition...

I'm going to say (re: "hope") that Holy Name caps the 1.3 point difference from last night and chips away at it over the next few weeks. I feel Crown's momentum right now is the stuff of story books. Those kids must be living the dream right now, and I can only imagine that their first waking thought every morning is to keep that dream going.

Cadets on the other hand are motivated by the perception of having to play "catch up".

Which motivates more? Who knows. Looking at a purely competitive, "what medal are we getting in Indy" standpoint, both corps have a lot "at stake". HNC's 75th anniversary. Crown's first legitimate shot at a title.

That said, if history is any indicator, the Cadets know how to clean. They know how to surge late season. They have the vehicle to get them there, it just needs a few dings knocked out of it and a couple coats of wax.

I say Crown stays in front for the next two weeks. From there, they trade back and forth.

And once Indy rolls around..... who the hell knows. :P