When will Cadets catch Crown?

Judges didn't seem to mind when the Cavies did just that.

:devil:

OH SNAP!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still fail to see how someone giving an opinion of a single shows outcome is showing disrespect. Some people LOVE Crown's show, and some people LOVE the Cadets' show! I am in love with both! They are both amazing shows, and both are amazing in their design! One's hard corps in your face, and another more subtle but still in your face when you need it! This seems to me (and it's been said in other posts) like a battle in 1993. Star gave the theatrical show, and the Cadets gave a rip your face off show. Both are amazing, and it's what we have here this season! I can't wait to see which one comes out on top this year!

NO DISRESPECT!

Read the posts picking the show apart, they need this and they need that.... maybe they don't need us telling them what they should do and just enjoy both shows! Your entitled to your opinion as so am I . What are you gonna say when they pass them? You won't be hearing me say its gonna be 3 -5 points spead tonight. When someone is closing the gap you show extreme bias by those comments! Can't the Crown lovers just say I hope they win tonight or its gonna be close... nope its they are gonna bury The Cadets tonight! Hey got a message for ya!! Look Out!!!! Its not gonna happen!

Edited by Benchmark

Read the posts picking the show apart, they need this and they need that.... maybe they don't need us telling them what they should do and just enjoy both shows! Your entitled to your opinion as so am I . What are you gonna say when they pass them? You won't be hearing me say its gonna be 3 -5 points spead tonight. When someone is closing the gap you show extreme bias by those comments! Can't the Crown lovers just say I hope they win tonight or its gonna be close... nope its they are gonna bury The Cadets tonight! Hey got a message for ya!! Look Out!!!! Its not gonna happen!

Goodnight!!! lol

Read the posts picking the show apart, they need this and they need that.... maybe they don't need us telling them what they should do and just enjoy both shows! Your entitled to your opinion as so am I . What are you gonna say when they pass them? You won't be hearing me say its gonna be 3 -5 points spead tonight. When someone is closing the gap you show extreme bias by those comments!

Bias...hopeful thinking...

If/when they pass Crown, I'll still be cheering on my boys/girls at Crown! Exactly what all the Cadet guys are doing now! I have friends in Cadets too, I have never said anything negative about their show this year, I love that they're putting out a great, entertaining product this season.

What those people are saying about the Cadets' show is just what they would like to see in the end. There's still a month for all the corps to make changes, and again, it's probably just hopeful thinking!

Read the posts picking the show apart, they need this and they need that.... maybe they don't need us telling them what they should do and just enjoy both shows! Your entitled to your opinion as so am I . What are you gonna say when they pass them? You won't be hearing me say its gonna be 3 -5 points spead tonight. When someone is closing the gap you show extreme bias by those comments!

Maybe some of the people picking only pick because the really dig what they're seeing. Maybe those picking are actually right but the staff already knows that. They don't have to read DCP for affirmation of what parts of the show need work, rewrites or tweaks. Just be glad you have people on here knowledgeable enough to give some insight to the shows as they saw them. Then also realize that they have preferences that might not match what you like or what the designers or eve JUDGES like. Take it with a grain of something. Just say thanks instead of crying that people are bashing already!!!!!

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!

ps. no I didn't read the review/disection. All I know is, this type of response is getting old.

Dude, give it a rest...

Dude, give it a rest...

hahaha :w00t: :w00t: :devil:

If The Cadets pass Crown I will certainly give Crown all the respect they deserve.

So Crown doesn't deserve respect unless Cadets beat them?

Benchmark, please stop. As I have said before, you are doing no one any favors and making Cadets fans as a whole look like ########s.

-Jon

THE CADETS 2006

So Says the Carolina Crown Booster. That watched his corps do a show called FINI in which his corps played the most high powered popular parts of songs back to back in one show. So you mean to tell me that wasn't effective. I think your comment was off by less than half a point.

Call out the wahhhhmbulance!!

Wow don't make a negative comment about HNC's appointment with destiny this year or you're labeled a cheerleader.

FWIW your comment about Finis has some merit and it was a weakness of the show. I'd suggest you go back and watch it again (instead of just reading off the repetoire). There was a much larger degree of expression and variety of emotional content in CC '08 than HNC '09. I am in love with Cadets when they do high-powered shows; IMO Stonehenge set new standards musically and visually in the activity. AND it had a wide range of emotional contrast portrayed musically and visually, a range sadly absent from their show this year. Sorry. It's a technical tour-de-force but it's not well constructed.

Edited by corpsband

I love all this back and forth over what's better from a design/show construction standpoint to win a championship...

Like any of us really know the secret to bringing home the gold.

2008: PR wins with a pretty #### emotional show.

2007: BD wins with a pretty #### technical show, with some emotion sprinkled in for good taste.

2006: Cavies win with a pretty #### technical show.

2005: Cadets win with a mix of both.