When will Cadets catch Crown?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cadets is catching Crown at an alarming rate whether or not this pleases or displeases anyone. Sure, you don't need more demand to win (ala Cavaliers), but the cleaner you are with the harder stuff will nearly always prevail. In the grand scheme of Cadets' winnings, not saying they will this year, they haven't even BEGUN to clean yet. They usually aren't that sparkly until the first week of August.

Cadets and Crown are both very good corps with very different styles. I'm sure both corps know what they have to change to continue to grow. Just enjoy the ride. I see this as Obama and Clinton kicking each others butt in the primaries getting ready for the big fight. Cavs and BD are in this thing too don't forget. It doesn't matter if you beat The Cadets or Crown if you can't beat Cavs or BD. So winning now is nice butt...

Oh, and Vanguard watch out for Vanguard!

Edited by boxingfred

Cadets is catching Crown at an alarming rate whether or not this pleases or displeases anyone. Sure, you don't need more demand to win (ala Cavaliers), but the cleaner you are with the harder stuff will nearly always prevail. In the grand scheme of Cadets' winnings, not saying they will this year, they haven't even BEGUN to clean yet. They usually aren't that sparkly until the first week of August.

That's the problem. That's finals week. If they aren't showing a big surge at least a week before that, not sure it matters how clean they are at Indy.

Edited by supersop

That's the problem. That's finals week. If they aren't showing a big surge at least a week before that, not sure it matters how clean they are at Indy.

Oh they may not sparkle til finals night, but at least 9 times in the past however many years they have been clean enough to stay in the pack until then. Second to only BD :devil:

Whenever Cadets figure out the judges don't want to see the same show modified over and over again they will on the same level they were at in the 90's.

Hahaha, you were 3 years old the last time The Cadets played WSS. I'd hardly call it "the same show modified over and over again"

Plus, last years champion was doing a "rehash" of one of their old shows. I guess the judges didn't mind that too much though.

Just because it's their 75th anniversary they feel like its their year to shine and i guess so does Hopkins according to his twitter posts.

George Hopkins thinks it is the Cadets year to shine every single year. That it his job. He is the director of one of the top drum and bugle corps in history.

Crown is only 70% done perfecting their show according to Matt Harloff and they make changes to it every day so their show is certainly not peaking by any means.

Darn! I guess they are going to win since everyone else s show is already at 100%! Yep, nobody else is going to be making changes between now and finals except for Carolina Crown!

I do hope the Cadets do a better job next year. But they will not do any better this year than last year with their current show.

You should contact George. Maybe he'll hire you as a consultant since you know what the Cadets need to do so well.

Kind of just lined them up and batted them down.

or

Hey dude! You just got served!

I love how people all-of-a-sudden make themselves out to be consultants to certain shows because of the way they feel about them. I'm sure Cadets know exactly what they're doing. They certainly don't need any of you telling them how to make their show better.

I love how people all-of-a-sudden make themselves out to be consultants to certain shows because of the way they feel about them. I'm sure Cadets know exactly what they're doing. They certainly don't need any of you telling them how to make their show better.

Don't see anyone here telling the Cadets staff what they need to do. I do see people on here explaining *why* a show doesn't seem to work for them instead of just saying "it doesn't work" or "it's not as good". I am surprised to see you jumping on this particular band wagon.

"Let's tear down anyone who disagrees with us and try to belittle and embarrass them into shutting up so we can just hear our opinion expressed here." It's pathetic.

Edited by corpsband