When will Cadets catch Crown?

These comments were not directed at him. What these replies amount to is to smear someone if you can't address the issue. Lot's of really good comments on this board about why HNC doesn't work for them. Not ONE reply back to the content.

Actually, those comments were directed at him. I just couldn't find the post.

And these are just opinions as to why their show doesn't work for them. You may think it doesn't but apparently, there are some who think it does. And it's a good thing too.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, those comments were directed at him. I just couldn't find the post.

And these are just opinions as to why their show doesn't work for them. You may think it doesn't but apparently, there are some who think it does. And it's a good thing too.

No doubt a good thing for HNC fans!

No doubt a good thing for HNC fans!

And apparently a lot of the people who attended some of the shows live.

Look, like I said before, I was in no way trying to belittle anyone on their opinion. I just find it odd how many people seem to suggest that The Cadets' show don't work for them because of the fact that Crown has been beating them and they think Crown has the better show. Cadets are going to work through the kinks like they always do. Even if the show doesn't win, it #### well is a contender. So for people to say their show doesn't work, well that's just a matter of opinion just like I think their show does work.

Personally, I like both their shows, but I like the Cadets' much more. So I am gonna stick to my guns.

Edited by 2000Cadet

And apparently a lot of the people who attended some of the shows live.

Look, like I said before, I was in no way trying to belittle anyone on their opinion. I just find it odd how many people seem to suggest that The Cadets' show don't work for them because of the fact that Crown has been beating them and they think Crown has the better show.

Personally, I like both their shows, but I like the Cadets' much more. So I am gonna stick to my guns.

I like HNC '09 a lot . There's a whole lot to like about it !! I have my expectations about how my observations about design might come in to play as the season wears on but that's as far as I'll go with that.

Not at all -- guess i'm just missing all these posts where crown supporters are smearing cadets fans who criticize their *design*....could you point a few of them out to me? <crickets> There *have* been some on-target posts criticizing performance issues -- no question.

Here is one

LOL ooookkkk....you keep drinking your maroon cool aid. I've seen very few posts about Crown's design. There *have* been posts like "why do they dance instead of marching like men" and "Crown's show is so much easier" and "let's just steal material from other corps". I guess if you count those posts you're absolutely right.

Here you are, dismissing peoples opinions about the design choices of the show and acting like people not liking all the body movement and thinking that Crown's show isn't as hard as The Cadets show is ridiculous and not even worth considering.

If you need some more examples go reread some of the show threads where people have posted reviews only to be berated by Crown fans for it.

Hope this helps.

Here's a thought, since we're all playing arm-chair drum corps psychologists...

Cadets have been chastised the past couple years for trying to tell stories. Many just wished they would go back to balls out drum corps. This year they've done just that and now, because there's a possibility of a NKOTB cracking the top 3, all of a sudden balls out corps is bad and telling stories is the way to go.

It's interesting to me.

.... Discuss.

Here's a thought, since we're all playing arm-chair drum corps psychologists...

Cadets have been chastised the past couple years for trying to tell stories. Many just wished they would go back to balls out drum corps. This year they've done just that and now, because there's a possibility of a NKOTB cracking the top 3, all of a sudden balls out corps is bad and telling stories is the way to go.

It's interesting to me.

.... Discuss.

I made that point a couple of weeks ago. It just goes to show you what happens when the DCP "babies" have a chance of winning. People seem to forget what they stated a year ago.

lol. this a classic. telling people to chill and then inciting pandemonium with the four letter word. THIS is why DCP is still worth reading.

inciting? no... not my intent. how's this?

guys... wtf

it's just kids and horns and drums and flags and a football field.