When will Cadets catch Crown?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wecall it drum corp and leave it at that, band is a different catagory in my book, anyways id say crowns goin 127.56 mph down hill and the hill doesnt end until after finals are done and over with

I made that point a couple of weeks ago. It just goes to show you what happens when the DCP "babies" have a chance of winning. People seem to forget what they stated a year ago.

Was it generally ignored then too?

Pretty much.

But this story isn't being told to the audience via narration. That's the main difference I see.

You guys have no idea what your talking about! Drum Corps does not have to be a drama class to win. What they give you is an incredible drill with incredible demand throughout the show. Go to a show my friends and hear the people leave the stands! You will hear more comments about how the Cadets should have won or they thought they won. Have you ever seen the Cadets practice. Teach 16 pages of drill in one day and perform it that night? Two weeks ago Crown was 60% done..... They better be on their toes because like them or not, The Cadets seem to be the crowd favorite this year. Standing and doing point the toe body is not gonna take the gold in the end. They have a shot as do The Cadets, but if I were them I would be not only looking to finsh the 30% but get some more demand in the 70 % they already have.

Get off your "I love Crown " so I am gonna post crap so people believe this. Like last night someone had Crown winning by 5 points! Another 3! Please!!!! It turned out .45 with The Cadets winning GE!!! Its gonna be close and Crown deserves a lot of respect. They made it to the big level the past couple of years and now they are an elite! Well deserved too! I loved them last year!!! This level seperates the men from the boys! I want to see Drum Corps, not what they turned WGI into! That has turned into everyone flying around with their hands fying through the air. If The Cadets pass Crown I will certainly give Crown all the respect they deserve. Please show The Cadets the same. They have earned it and please don't tell me you would rather see men dancing around trying to act than what they are giving you now. Thier guard is doing guard stuff and they give you West Side Story! It is done correctly! Phantom's show was great last year. The drama worked for them but they gave you the good Corps stuff too! Please don't turn DCI into the dancing art that WGI has turned too. Give me some raw Drum Corps anyday over the drama club!!!! I want to see Drum Corps not Disney on ice! Win or Lose, The Cadets have won me back!!!!! Give them some respect PLEASE!!!

I get what your saying. And I agree! Crown defiantly lost the crowd two shows ago while Cadets got two standing ovations. But it doesn't matter what a bunch of corp parents are saying on their way out of the stadium as far as the score goes. Only highly educated individuals grade the corps and that grade is what really counts in the end.

I get what your saying. And I agree! Crown defiantly lost the crowd two shows ago while Cadets got two standing ovations. But it doesn't matter what a bunch of corp parents are saying on their way out of the stadium as far as the score goes. Only highly educated individuals grade the corps and that grade is what really counts in the end.

Geez Yorktown.