A Dubuque Review

Evidently if it's not Academy Tom doesn't like it. The brats were fine, my only recommendation would be to serve them on brat buns instead of hot dog buns. :tongue:

having met tom and talked shop with him, i can confidently say he is not all butterflies and rainbows when it comes to academy. hell, i marched academy and we were able to have straightforward conversations about strengths and weaknesses we felt were present in recent academy productions. just wanted to try to put that rumor to bed (you're not the only person to have had similar thoughts from what i've read)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great review. Didn't have the brats, not a mid western thing Ill ever try. I do agree that the venue does suck a bit but living here in Dubuque I can tell you there isn't much. Two of the 3 colleges have football teams...bad ones, but nice little stadiums much better than Senior HS, but like someone said, really bad parking.

I really liked Spirit, chatted with good friends during Racine and Colt Cadets, saw the Colts, they were ok but my high school did the same type of show 14 years ago! Daughter was tired of sitting and had to walk in the grassy knoll area for the rest of the show but I did enjoy PR and Cavies.

Hopefully this is a beginning for my daughter ..... her first drum corps show at 18 months old!

Edited by suncontra99