Cadets Alumni

I was just curious. I have been following all the great festivities the Cadets and Alumni have been and will be having for the anniversary season. Mostly I have looked on the YEA site and the Holy Name Cadet Alumni site. It seems ( which is very cool ) many past Cadets are finding each other and re kindling old relationships. There have been some great stories of past years and also long lost friends finding each other.

My question is, it seems , which I could be wrong, that most of the past supporters are from the 40s 50s 60s and 70s . I see a few from others years but seems like mostly the years I just mentioned. I'm sure I'm wrong but where are the past members of the 80s 90s 00s . I'm sure they are there in large numbers just with all the great things I have seen on the Alumni site , haven't seen much from those years.

Well anyway Congratulations to all Cadet past and present on 75 memorable years. :smile:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just curious. I have been following all the great festivities the Cadets and Alumni have been and will be having for the anniversary season. Mostly I have looked on the YEA site and the Holy Name Cadet Alumni site. It seems ( which is very cool ) many past Cadets are finding each other and re kindling old relationships. There have been some great stories of past years and also long lost friends finding each other.

My question is, it seems , which I could be wrong, that most of the past supporters are from the 40s 50s 60s and 70s . I see a few from others years but seems like mostly the years I just mentioned. I'm sure I'm wrong but where are the past members of the 80s 90s 00s . I'm sure they are there in large numbers just with all the great things I have seen on the Alumni site , haven't seen much from those years.

Well anyway Congratulations to all Cadet past and present on 75 memorable years. :thumbup:

Here's one. :smile:

HERE!

But I think I have the answer. They're all 20 and 30 somethings. They're all working to death to pay the mortgage and get Johnny braces.

Bigger issue, around 1980 kids came from all across the country to join the corps. It's been that way ever since. I'm from Michigan. Sorry I won't be scampering out to Jersey for a reunion anytime soon. I think this is the case for most alumni from my era. Prior to the 80's Garfield and HNC were primarily Jersey kids or from the local area and I'm sure most still live close by.

There were also a ton of Canadians marching when I was around. They all need passports now :thumbdown:

Prior to the 80's Garfield and HNC were primarily Jersey kids or from the local area and I'm sure most still live close by.

Correct...I was the "out of town kid from CT in 77"

HERE!

But I think I have the answer. They're all 20 and 30 somethings. They're all working to death to pay the mortgage and get Johnny braces.

Bigger issue, around 1980 kids came from all across the country to join the corps. It's been that way ever since. I'm from Michigan. Sorry I won't be scampering out to Jersey for a reunion anytime soon. I think this is the case for most alumni from my era. Prior to the 80's Garfield and HNC were primarily Jersey kids or from the local area and I'm sure most still live close by.

There were also a ton of Canadians marching when I was around. They all need passports now :thumbdown:

Great points, but consider this, too. Most of those HNC people from the 40's-70's were generally long-term members. HN/Garfield Cadets was the parish, then the local corps. Families went through the ranks. I don't think many corps have that kind of long-term committment anymore. There are probably as many reasons as there are members on the corps' rosters for this, but a lot of it comes from the national recruiting model.

Garry in Vegas

I'm on tour with The Cadets right now.

HERE!

I am here. Trying to plan to go to Allentown to do all the festivities their. Tough for me because I am back in college and have a little one starting kindergarten this fall.