Cadets Alumni

I wasn't a member, but I insert myself into their history for my own amusement.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just curious. I have been following all the great festivities the Cadets and Alumni have been and will be having for the anniversary season. Mostly I have looked on the YEA site and the Holy Name Cadet Alumni site. It seems ( which is very cool ) many past Cadets are finding each other and re kindling old relationships. There have been some great stories of past years and also long lost friends finding each other.

My question is, it seems , which I could be wrong, that most of the past supporters are from the 40s 50s 60s and 70s . I see a few from others years but seems like mostly the years I just mentioned. I'm sure I'm wrong but where are the past members of the 80s 90s 00s . I'm sure they are there in large numbers just with all the great things I have seen on the Alumni site , haven't seen much from those years.

Well anyway Congratulations to all Cadet past and present on 75 memorable years. :thumbdown:

Here's another.

And another. The other thing to consider is that the alumni from my era have a HUGE presence on Facebook. I've reconnected with a lot of folks, but it's all been through Facebook.

I'm looking to go to the festivities in the beginning of August, but am working on some logistics.

Oh and thanks for the congrats :-)

Edited by CuriousMe

There are two different websites we go to. Then, the third is Facebook is where many post what's going on in their lives day to day. The Cadets of the 80's are there. I don't know where the 90's members congregate if at all. When I was in my twenties and thirties I was busy working, going to graduate school and just plain old life. It's not until recently I looked back on to how I arrived to where I am in my own life that I realized Cadets played a huge, huge role in my personal journey. I had a hard time forgetting about the corps and upon talking to other alumni, found they could not get over having marched either. Then the alumni threads happened (all is quiet so far this year) and the Facebook thing. My point is that other alumni may not be at that point in their lives to look back upon their own personal history and have begun to reconnect yet.

Chris 1979-1985

Edited by raycat

I am here. Trying to plan to go to Allentown to do all the festivities their. Tough for me because I am back in college and have a little one starting kindergarten this fall.

ditto, minus the kindergarten part.

81-84 here.

So do I count? I made the corps and was with them up until april when I called them and said I couldn't march because of an accident I was in in February. Got a call near the end of May saying they had another percussion spot in the pit, but went to my doctors and they said I still wasn't healthy enough. Last week they were rehearsing in Ypsi and I went there and tried out for the back field conducting position because I'm FINALLY healthy enough, but they said they were just gonna go with someone already in the corps.

Close enough?

Edited by acolli17

So do I count? I made the corps and was with them up until april when I called them and said I couldn't march because of an accident I was in in February. Got a call near the end of May saying they had another percussion spot in the pit, but went to my doctors and they said I still wasn't healthy enough. Last week they were rehearsing in Ypsi and I went there and tried out for the back field conducting position because I'm FINALLY healthy enough, but they said they were just gonna go with someone already in the corps.

Close enough?

Dude, I'm so glad you're healed up and feeling better! I truly hope this wasn't your age out year. If you made it once, you can make it again. Wish I had bumped into you at Ypsi. Was there most of the day on Saturday. Best wishes my man.

No, next year's my age-out and I'm FOR SURE going back. I was there most of Friday, but I left not too long after I talked to Gino on Saturday about the spot.