Cadets Alumni

So do I count? I made the corps and was with them up until april when I called them and said I couldn't march because of an accident I was in in February. Got a call near the end of May saying they had another percussion spot in the pit, but went to my doctors and they said I still wasn't healthy enough. Last week they were rehearsing in Ypsi and I went there and tried out for the back field conducting position because I'm FINALLY healthy enough, but they said they were just gonna go with someone already in the corps.

Close enough?

Geez man I'm sorry to hear about that. I felt just as bad for not marching up to my age-out. But like supersop said, if you made it before, you'll make it again.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez man I'm sorry to hear about that. I felt just as bad for not marching up to my age-out. But like supersop said, if you made it before, you'll make it again.

I think we both did the same trick by going out early on a high note. I was kinda burnt out at 19 and took my last 2 years off. Got married at 20 and life has been screwed up ever since. Why oh why didn't I stay in drumcorps?? :worthy:

Yeah I was told I pretty much just have to show up. My only worry is I screwed up my right side, including my hand, so that's a small worry. But it's almost back now, I think. Haven't tested it out to max potential yet.

I think most people from the 80s 90s and 00s have found each other on Facebook. there is a group called Cadets - past and present that many people esp from the 80s have found each other.

Thus the beauty of Facebook!

HOP WANTS YOUR MONEY :thumbup:

I think you might be right. Although tapping Alumni is common even with schools. A friend of mine marched I think maybe late 70s or early 80s said he can't go to an Alumni event or meeting without being hounded for money. He said the joy of just being there is gone for him. He said he doesnt mind the current corps fundraising but to be contantly attacked and told he must or should SUCKS ... Oh Well