• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a word after bad, ya know.

Hook. Line. Sinker.

Well reel me in and call me "Nemo!" :worthy:

Edited by Plan9

The Blue Devils were absolutely amazing last night.... Incredibly clean, More melodic than previous shows... Guard was flawless.... but there was a chair missing which was a little awkward... did anyone else cacth it...

If you think about the chairs as adding another dimension to the flat surface of the field and the way the BD designers use them, you'll understand why they are essential to the show. Additionally, the show opener and closer are about the jazz clubs of the 30's and the chairs are a part of that as well. They're not just props, but add elevation and dimension. At least that's my take. :thumbup:

Yes, but from a drill standpoint...they don't look like they move from the square form for at least 4 minutes of the show. IMO...the initial drill looks simple and slow. I am sure I am wrong on this...but that is what it looks like.

The Blue Devils were absolutely amazing last night.... Incredibly clean, More melodic than previous shows... Guard was flawless.... but there was a chair missing which was a little awkward... did anyone else cacth it...

Yeah, the Bari must have forgotten his chair, or had broken it somehow...

Not the snareline :thumbup:

That "not so clean" snareline scored the highest of year last night with a 17.4 and have been consistently the highest score since day 1.

Yeah, the Bari must have forgotten his chair, or had broken it somehow...

No Bari's......ALL EUPHs!

No Bari's......ALL EUPHs!

I like that. They have a sick low brass this year! :thumbup:

That "not so clean" snareline scored the highest of year last night with a 17.4 and have been consistently the highest score since day 1.

Well, maybe they sound different when they're moving, but when they're standing still they have issues. I don't care what the score says. But like I mentioned earlier, they have a great drumline. But I know what I heard, and parts of their book the snareline has issues with at this point in time.

Hell, in 1992, Madison Scouts line had A LOT of dirt in the beginning of the season. They sounded a mess. But by Preview of Champions, they were pretty freakin' good. Total 180.

Of course, this is only one person's opinion. I invite you to stand in front of them yourself and report what you hear.

so what'd the dude do when everyone else was sitting? just squat?