I had to do it. I think the mojo superstition is the most ridiculous thing I've ever come across. Why would you give the world a big red button to push that brings the demise of your bus tires and equipment trucks? Let's start embracing the reality that there is no luck, good or bad. Tires blow, people fall off scaffolding, truck doors slam on fingers.. 'stuff' happens to every drum corps at some point.

Any thoughts, or tangible evidence of the mojo phenomenon?

THANK YOU!!! Crossmen has (hopefully its gone) this crazy forbidden word BS. Granted I did say it once and the bus broke down 5 minutes afterwards. And then again another night and lightning lit up the sky as if on cue. But that is just a coincidence. The idea that a WORD brings down the ensemble just doesn't make sense (especially with ALL the other things that can hold a corps down).

I also heard from other corps members that the Glassmen shield changing every year is PARTLY due to some superstitious thing, but I never had the courage to follow through with asking Brian.

It's ironic that even though I poke fun at superstitions, I have my own preperformance superstitions.

you have just started a chain reaction that could bring about the next apocalypse

THANK YOU!!! Crossmen has (hopefully its gone) this crazy forbidden word BS. Granted I did say it once and the bus broke down 5 minutes afterwards. And then again another night and lightning lit up the sky as if on cue. But that is just a coincidence. The idea that a WORD brings down the ensemble just doesn't make sense (especially with ALL the other things that can hold a corps down).

I also heard from other corps members that the Glassmen shield changing every year is PARTLY due to some superstitious thing, but I never had the courage to follow through with asking Brian.

It's ironic that even though I poke fun at superstitions, I have my own preperformance superstitions.

The lightning thing is awesome. I'm all for coincidences, but lightning?

Bentley, you are asking for trouble! I have personally seen the effects of invoking the wrath of the whatever from high atop the thing on MANY occasions.

If this is who I think it is, I can still see very clearly his piercing gaze upon me as the second bus was trying to be repaired under an off-ramp at 2am in the morning.

Man, I'm still REAL sorry. That word came out by coincidence. TOTALLY unaware of its significance.

Also happens to be the nickname of the school my son went to (Mt. St. Joseph).

I have shirts with that printed on it.

Maybe I should burn them?

haha, we had the same word. Didn't know about the rule until I asked about the M. set. Then they proceeded to yell at me for 10 minutes on the bus. I don't believe in this kind of stuff.

THANK YOU!!! Crossmen has (hopefully its gone) this crazy forbidden word BS.

haha... the OP did his best to kill it at Crossmen. It was shouted in the tunnel prior to entering the Rose Bowl for the last time. Of course, we didn't get the spot back that we lost the day before... dun dun dun.

I don't believe in the word, I just think it's slightly humorous and like to play along.

Just b/c you say "mojo" when the obvious rain clouds are coming, does not mean it started raining b/c you said "mojo".