Columbia FirstBEAT Battle

:devil:

car messed up on the way to watch the HNC rehearsal today :lol::devil: but luckily i get to borrow a different car to go to the show :w00t::w00t:

prediction: HNC passes crown by less than .5 :w00t:

my prediction: CROWN by .8

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, come see me on the Blue Stars souvie trailer. We have some really good deals.

the billy mays of drum corps souvies, right here.

BUMP for show day

This is how it is listed on DCI.org

Holy Name Cadets - Allentown, PA

Blue Stars - La Crosse, WI

Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA

Crossmen - San Antonio, TX

Teal Sound - Jacksonville, FL

Alliance - Atlanta, GA

Carolina Crown - Ft. Mill, SC

I assume that Crown is going last, not first, right?? :devil:

Can't wait to see how Blue Stars and Boston match up...that is almost more exciting than the Crown/Cadets battle

:w00t::w00t::devil::lol:

Looks like Mother Nature may win this one tonight though.....60% chance of storms during the day, increases to 80% at night.....and of course, tomorrow is only 20%

Looks like Mother Nature may win this one tonight though.....60% chance of storms during the day, increases to 80% at night.....and of course, tomorrow is only 20%

This show was rained out last year. It would be a bummer if that happens two years in a row.

:w00t::w00t::devil::lol:

That's poop.

My wife and I drove down early yesterday to watch Crown's ensemble. The Columbia radar looked nasty, but there were only a few very light sprinkles. The local weather guy was indicating lesser chance than Wednesday..........but time will tell.

Last night you could tell the kids are pushing very hard and are much improved. Lots of minor changes and cleaning plus some added stuff. Look for a wild night. We will be heading out to watch a little of the practice before they shut it down of the day. next chance to see them live will be NightBeat at the end of month.

My (most likely incorrect) prediction is HNC by .4 or less. I'd like them to win by more, but I just can't see that happening... if they win at all that is. This season is SO exciting, I wish every year could be like this one!!! :devil:

Edited by Wiid

My wife and I drove down early yesterday to watch Crown's ensemble. The Columbia radar looked nasty, but there were only a few very light sprinkles. The local weather guy was indicating lesser chance than Wednesday..........but time will tell.

Last night you could tell the kids are pushing very hard and are much improved. Lots of minor changes and cleaning plus some added stuff. Look for a wild night. We will be heading out to watch a little of the practice before they shut it down of the day. next chance to see them live will be NightBeat at the end of month.

Great job to all of the Corps/kids on the show in Virginia on Tuesday. It was definitely an exciting performance. The crowd was very receptive to all of the groups. Tidewater Virginia is and always has been a great receiver of the drum corps activity

I had the chance of watching the Cadets and Crown practices on Tuesday. BOTH groups are working INCREDIBILY hard and seem to be very determined to be the best. The Cadets did a lot of cleaning of their show, especially the ending. This show........well it is hot! They move well and are very controlled in all of the speed and crazy directional changes that they are doing at the end. The show is full of excitement and energy and after seeing it in person, I can see that it is a top contender. They will keep working and as long as they dont run out of steam they will be fine. I know as they get more and more comfortable, their strength will continue to grow. I enjoyed their production as did many at the show. Keep pushing Cadets and good luck!

I watched dilligently as Crown incorporated new movement and body changes into the show. These kids are amazing in how quickly they pick up and apply subtle changes. Having seen them for the first time in rehearsal, I had the chance to see what the videos dont show. There is a lot of stuff going on on that field. I dont see how the judges can view it all. It would take several reads to get it all in. From side to side there is something happening, colorguard in both end zones, drums in one corner, brass all over the field doing different scenarios. It is an eye full. They do it well though. I was amazed at how with all of the dancing/body movement, the music is still well executed. The brass sound is well controlled, well balanced and dark in timbre. Each voice appears to know when to be the lead and the supporter. Very clever arrangements. Every instrument has proper exposure from the Contra solis to the constant predominant features of the beautiful mellophone section. Well done through out the show. The colorguard needs work, though. The weapons seem fine but the flags are miles behind. It is not the work but the execution. Even a colorguard novice can see that they are not fully together. Just not the crown guard that we are used to seeing. But anyway, just as the Cadets, these kids are working hard to be the best. It is so good to see groups of young people coming together to be great at something. I give them all props!

If Crown keeps up the pace they will continue to be top 3 contingents. It should be interesting to see how things pan out in the next two weeks. They still have a lot of work to do and from what I understand there is more coming from them. I wish them all the best. Good Luck to all of the Corps at the show tonight.

Sounds Good!.....Guess the best way to get there would be to use the Appalaichian Trail. :devil:

I'll be there with Governor Sanford. We're going to tell the security detail that we're just gonna take a walk. Then we'll drive to the airport and leave the SUV as a decoy. We'll take a taxi from there to downtown Irmo where we will catch a passing train to drop off by the stadium. Of couse, he will have his cell phone off during the show.