Columbia FirstBEAT Battle

I couldn't make Firstbeat sadly.

The only opportunity I got was to see the Cadets practice where they were being housed for the competition, at my old high school in Columbia, SC.

It wasn't till then did I really become a fan of the show. I'd seen it over the computer and enjoyed it, but listening to it live...there's a feeling there that you just don't get over a computer monitor and a modest sound system. And I have to say, as a person who usually can only go to one DCI competition a year, which is always Atlanta because I get to see everybody, NOTHING compares to getting to see it outside, in your face, with the corp so close you can touch them, blowing you away.

Giant domed amphitheaters just don't do those corps any justice in sound. They just don't. Some auditory sensation is lost amidst such a giant blimp sized venue. I'm tempted to drive up to Rock Hill the day AFTER the Atlanta, GA regional JUST for the opportunity to hear corps in an open football stadium.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good, god, don't either one of us have other things we should be doing besides hanging on our computers waiting for scores??

hey, how do i get the cadet banner? i went to your flicker page but you know how easily confused i am...

Uh yeah....I should be working on the Legion championship Flags for August....they're staring at me...maybe tomorrow...maybe.

alright, i'm very technology challenged, where do I get the banner from on the bottom??

I think that is the first drop for the Crossmen this season... had to happen eventually.

First drop in score all year and by 2 points since last show..

not good judging..

crossmen should be around 74 with that difficult program.

Uh yeah....I should be working on the Legion championship Flags for August....they're staring at me...maybe tomorrow...maybe.

i just realized after the last post... the flag thing is still supposed to be happening? on top of everything else??

alright, i'm very technology challenged, where do I get the banner from on the bottom??

ok, here's the link:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3661/368250...694073b94_o.jpg

do you know how to get to your signature on dcp? It's in My controls from the top of this page.

call me if you need help...I'm up for a while.... a long while. by the way, JustABandMom is joey's mom. You do know that it's him in my banner? If you can send me a picture of #75. I can create a banner for him too.

Edited by xtripleplayer77

call me if you need help...I'm up for a while.... a long while. by the way, JustABandMom is joey's mom. You do know that it's him in my banner? If you can send me a picture of #75. I can create a banner for him too.

If I can find one of my son will you make one for me too?

.3 spreads are considered ties to the judging community.

Blue Stars and Boston last met on 6/26th . Blue Stars scored 70.400, Boston, 70.100. ( 3 tenths diff. ) Both don't compete head to head, but both make changes of additions, subtractions, cleaning, etc and come back 2 weeks later and with a completely different judging panel and voila !.... magically both go up identical 8.6 points.

It's statistically amazing how this can all happen isn't it ? I mean for you mathematicians and probability analysts out there, this is a research data dream !

Blue Stars and Boston last met on 6/26th . Blue Stars scored 70.400, Boston, 70.100. ( 3 tenths diff. ) Both don't compete head to head, but both make changes of additions, subtractions, cleaning, etc and come back 2 weeks later and with a completely different judging panel and voila !.... magically both go up identical 8.6 points.

It's statistically amazing how this can all happen isn't it ? I mean for you mathematicians and probability analysts out there, this is a research data dream !

as a black helicopter flies overhead.. :tongue: