Columbia FirstBEAT Battle

Very nice summary. I agree that comments here on DCP that suggest that Crown is "more polished" and "further along" or even "cleaner" than Cadets are very misleading.

As for the ending, it is indeed coming and I can't wait. (unfortunately my attempt for gain further details from that source was foiled ! )

Not sure the HNC are finished (comments from Hop: "We turned to the backfield the first part of TONIGHT! It was just too much, all of the time." and "We are adding a bit of movement to the brass line") but I see where you're going with the statement. Choices have been made which kind of limit the types of change that can occur.

(btw emphasis in the hoppy quote is mine not his)

I'm sure it is indeed going to be exciting. Can't wait to see what Cadets have in store as well.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure it is indeed going to be exciting. Can't wait to see what Cadets have in store as well.

:whistle: I hope Cadets tweak anything BUT the ending. That new ending is fantabulous! :whistle:

:whistle: I hope Cadets tweak anything BUT the ending. That new ending is fantabulous! :whistle:

This is probably old news, but is their ending a Z-pull?

Not yet, but come to think of it...that would be cool.

It seemed like such an obvious insert when viewing the free FanNetwork Annapolis show...but maybe thats why George won't put that in.

What's the new Cadets ending? The last one I heard was basically the one they've had at the beginning but with the brass only playing half of what they originally played and some added unnecessary "dynamic contrast"...

What's the new Cadets ending? The last one I heard was basically the one they've had at the beginning but with the brass only playing half of what they originally played and some added unnecessary "dynamic contrast"...

I was gonna ask the same question.

By the way, what you call unnecessary, I call cool.

That is all.

I wrote a little about the end of Crown's show on my Columbia SC review board. But since that board gets so little traffic, I'll post this clip here. It seems to fit with the discussion on the end of Crown's show. BTW, loved both Crown and Cadets.

A note about the ending: I have heard many people discuss the fact that the drill isn’t flying at the end. I think that is OK, considering the musical statement. It reminded me of the end of SCV 1997 (Fog City Sketches – pull out your CDs and DVDs). The return to Copeland and the sustained, beautiful sound gave me my first DCI chill bumps of the season.