Columbia FirstBEAT Battle

I wrote a little about the end of Crown's show on my Columbia SC review board. But since that board gets so little traffic, I'll post this clip here. It seems to fit with the discussion on the end of Crown's show. BTW, loved both Crown and Cadets.

I LOVED Fog City Sketches.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVED Fog City Sketches.

Soloist marching backward, company front marching forward, they meet! :whistle:

That was some sweet drill writing at the end!!! I always forget how fashionable mustaches were in the 90's!!! :whistle:

How many times have those Cavies endings disappointed me, ugh! Every year it's like 'wait for the big new Cavies ending', and....AND...that? Really?

Seriously, though, here's to hoping for only great and worthwhile changes from everyone!

I really thought the ending to Samurai was one of their best ever. I mean, that many people jumping over one another in contrasting motion to land in their spot perfectly... crazy stuff. I see that one at least equal to the endings of Frameworks, Four Corners, 007..... what do you consider a really good Cavies ending?.. or have they never done one?

I really thought the ending to Samurai was one of their best ever. I mean, that many people jumping over one another in contrasting motion to land in their spot perfectly... crazy stuff. I see that one at least equal to the endings of Frameworks, Four Corners, 007..... what do you consider a really good Cavies ending?.. or have they never done one?

This is of course only a matter of personal taste. Off the top of my head, Cavies endings that rock MY world (and I don't have all Cavies finales committed to memory):

This decade, it's just 2004 and 2000. 2003 is okay for me.

My memory is fuzzier in the 1990s, but 1995 was okay and 1991 and 1990 were teh awesome (I do have 1993 and 1996 on DVD, but I didn't pull them out to check for this reply).

I'll not go back to the 1980s because my memory is even fuzzier (I do have 1989 and 1987 on DVD, but I didn't check them at this moment...but I bet 1987 was great because 86 and 87 were great shows).

1990 and 1991. :whistle:

Or is that type of ending not effective anymore...

1990 and 1991. :whistle:

Or is that type of ending not effective anymore...

1991 was/is my favorite Cavies show! The ending where they unfold the vertical line into the Christmas Tree! OMG!!! I love it!

Just for those who say crown isnt moving fast enough, and i didnt at first, but their new ending is going to be at 220 bpm :whistle: thats what one of my friends in the bari section told me :whistle:

Just for those who say crown isnt moving fast enough, and i didnt at first, but their new ending is going to be at 220 bpm :whistle: thats what one of my friends in the bari section told me :whistle:

They don't have a "crown" in the show yet! I knew they were going to change it, but that sounds insane! Can't wait to see the final product!