dont get me wrong, I love scv and their brass line is phenomenal and in tune, but it would take an incredible off night to beat the blue devils technical superiority...

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The play by play guy had it right! GO BLUE DEVILS! :w00t: Now I think everybody needs some sleep! :devil:

subtract 3 points all around, compare to east coast\midwest. thatll be your san antonio lineup.

:devil:

(yeah, i went there)

Edited by alarson83

West Coast .... :w00t: (dare i say it!)

I think the 3rd word of that phrase is becoming the new "M" word competitively.

Everyone who's used that word this season, it seems has had the corps placement switch or scores come down. This could be the start of a new jinx word...

:devil:

It seems to be more like the judge calling it like YOU heard it (or wanted it to be heard), because again, without being there tonight you can't say the guy was right OR wrong in his assessment. The other judges all had BD in 1st by at least 0.3. That doesn't make the brass judge right or wrong either, but you could just as easily make the argument that he's the only one who scored it wrong since he was out of line with his co-judges. It's easy to formulate the justifications from behind a computer when not attending the show.

Again, I'm not saying he was wrong. BD has shown to be capable of "off-nights" and for Bluecoats and SCV to have excellent hornlines that rise to the occassion, but just because he scored it the way you want it to be scored doesn't mean he was right.

Exactly. But in my opinion, it does.

Just as you have no idea if it was right or wrong either... so why call me out when we're arguing the same point? :)

I feel the Blue Devils have been tremendously overrated the past few years, especially when it comes to brass. If you are looking for that constant crass sound, with fracktacular solo performances, then by all means enjoy. But for me, it's always a struggle listening to them when I can't help but get distracted by the heroes on the field, or those at Encore jacking around with America the Beautiful. And judging from probably the 20 or 25 Blue Devils performances I've seen live over the past 5 or 6 years, nothing changes. Ever.

Am I bitter? Probably.

EDIT: This whole conversion is null and void anyway, as DCI just updated their recap... BD swept across the board. Shocking.

Edited by IMcomguy