Crossmen Color Guard Uniforms ?

So.....pretty simple. We sit a month from the DCI Championship finals and the members of the Crossmen's color guard do not have uniforms.

If you were a member of the Crossmen's 2009 color guard, would you demand a couple of hundred dollars back (Refund) from your 2009 tour fee's ? I am sure that if the members don't inquire about this....some of the parents probably will.

Also....is it me or are there a whole bunch of corps that do not have all of their color guard show flags yet ? I don't following the CG closely but even I have noticed the absence of color in the shows I have seen so far. A few issues here and there are to be expected.....but when the exception becomes the rule.....something is definitely not right.

Thoughts ?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that Crown likes to unveil a new flag sporadically before Allentown. So you'll see all the flags then until the end of the season! Perhaps some other corps do that as well? Who knows!

So.....pretty simple. We sit a month from the DCI Championship finals and the members of the Crossmen's color guard do not have uniforms.

They didn't have uniforms for six competitions. The Crossmen are scheduled for 26 or more competitions depending on how far they go at finals.

If you were a member of the Crossmen's 2009 color guard, would you demand a couple of hundred dollars back (Refund) from your 2009 tour fee's ? I am sure that if the members don't inquire about this....some of the parents probably will.

Were they not fed during this time? Did they not receive instruction? My understanding is those two things are what the fees cover. As for the uniforms, they were produced and delivered.

Also....is it me or are there a whole bunch of corps that do not have all of their color guard show flags yet ? I don't following the CG closely but even I have noticed the absence of color in the shows I have seen so far. A few issues here and there are to be expected.....but when the exception becomes the rule.....something is definitely not right.

...and how much money did you donate to corps this year. It's a recession. Non-profit organizations across the spectrum have had their donations decrease. I'm sure it's no different for drum corps. If you are feeling deprived of your experience, then give more money to the corps you want to enjoy. They need it.

Thoughts ?

Considering they were looking to fill CG holes in June?....I think asking for a refund is absurd. And...unless you have an IN....It is not fair to criticize WHY certain things may be lacking...

They didn't have uniforms for six competitions. The Crossmen are scheduled for 26 or more competitions depending on how far they go at finals.

The drum corps season is 10 months long (Starts in November usually) and we have one month to go..

Were they not fed during this time? Did they not receive instruction?

I don't know the answer to this......do you ?

...and how much money did you donate to corps this year.

I don't like to single out any one corps with donations. I buy a t-shirt here and there and drop a couple of dollars in to a corps fuel fund canister if they have them.

How much money do you donate ?

If you are feeling deprived of your experience, then give more money to the corps you want to enjoy. They need it.

I don't feel deprived at all. If that is what you got out of my original message.....it's wrong. If I were a marching member without a uniform.....I might feel different.

I think asking for a refund is absurd. And...unless you have an IN....It is not fair to criticize WHY certain things may be lacking...

Not sure why I am being made out to be the bad guy here.

As far as I am concerned......a uniform is a very "Basic" element to ones drum corps experience. It's not rocket science.

Edited by Triple Forte

I don't like to single out any one corps with donations. I buy a t-shirt here and there and drop a couple of dollars in to a corps fuel fund canister if they have them.

How much money do you donate ?

:devil:

I happen to KNOW FOR A FACT that Barigirl has sponsored 3 members of the Crossmen Hornline this year and several members last year. She also donates to every fundraiser the corps has. She is one of their number 1 donors.

Edited by xbones7480

The drum corps season is 10 months long (Starts in November usually) and we have one month to go..

And your point on the season being 10 months long is??? Did any other corps have their guard uniforms in November?

*$&T Happens

To demand a partial refund is _______________