What has happened to the U.S. Open, in Marion, OH

I was in the finals of the 1972 U.S. Open. What ever happened to the recordings?

Essentially there were never any recordings done at the '72 U.S. Open.

Fleetwood lost control once DCI came into play. And since 6 of the original 13 DCI charter member corps were at the '72 U.S. Open they didn't record.

Stet Richmond, who also recorded previous U.S. Opens, was not allowed to sell recordings of DCI charter member corps either in '72. The corps that were not charter members that did make '72 DCI finals (such as the Bridgemen and Kilties) were allowed to be recorded by Stet at other contests.

It is really unfortunate that the '72 U.S. Open wasn't recorded. I have hand-held cassette recordings, but the quality diminished over 40 years before I could restore them properly.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 6/22/2020 at 3:12 AM, Bigdawg98 said:

Crfrey71  There were 2 drum corps and Cleveland. One was called the Caballaros the other was called the Buckeyes. It wasn't called the Buckeye state Caballaros.. I should know if anyone. I marched with both of the them.

The two corps merged in 1976, becoming the Buckeye Caballaros.  They were known by that name until they folded after 1984.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was playing around with Google Earth and looked at Marion, OH. It appears they moved the stadium. Anyone know?