Early season peak

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay people, get off this "Appalachian Springs" has been done before kick.. Yes SCV did it in the 80's and I'm sure before then...alot of these songs these corps are doing have been recycled, what do expect when they have a hard time getting copyright clearance?

Edited by Lancerlady

Okay people, get off this "Appalachian Springs" has been done before kick.. Yes SCV did it in the 80's and I'm sure before then...alot of these songs these corps are doing have been recycled, what do expect when they have a hard time getting copyright clearance?

I think the main point to the Appalachian Spring digression is more generically "Okay people, get off this 'the show has been done before' kick." Methinks BozzlyB agrees with you.

"Look, no offense, but it is pretty clear by your posts and your affiliation that Spirit could take a giant crap on the field and you'd be questioning their poor scores. I've seen them and also think their design this year is poor and ineffective. Their drumline is too big for their talent and just sounds muddy. You don't have to like it, but it's true." by BozzlyB.

I am posting this for you (BozzlyB) to compare me ( SpiritofAtlanta99) defending my corps, to you seemingly taking up for the Blue Stars. I really haven't read where anyone has really said anything negative about Blue Stars directly in this topic, yet you came quickly to defend them.

Here is an example of you responding to a poster who you believe to be taking a swipe at Blue Stars: "Whatever your poisonous tone refers to is lost on me. I was actually responding to the thread topic. Are you making the same put down comments about SVC because Appellation Spring has been done before? Blue Stars show is unique in too many ways to mention, if you can't see that then you might want to consider taking your blinders off, you're missing a lot of good drum corps. My point was that Blue Stars just got done with huge closer re-writes that by all accounts improve the show but is currently quite dirty due to very high demand. Corps that have a lot of cleaning to do at this point in the season are in good tactical shape. Corps that are performing a clean product at this point would be advised not to make the mistake of assuming they can sit back and ride a wave into finals." by BozzlyB

My point is we, yes I do include myself in this, want our corps to be loved and enjoyed by everyone. That's why we take the time to defend them when we think someone is trying to hurt our corps credibility. I am not trying to stir-up anything here, just felt the need to put this on the table. I've actually noticed several posters taking shots at their corps rivals or corps within their corps' tier, but turn around and defend defend defend when it's their corps being discredited.

I think the main point to the Appalachian Spring digression is more generically "Okay people, get off this 'the show has been done before' kick." Methinks BozzlyB agrees with you.

bingo

"Look, no offense, but it is pretty clear by your posts and your affiliation that Spirit could take a giant crap on the field and you'd be questioning their poor scores. I've seen them and also think their design this year is poor and ineffective. Their drumline is too big for their talent and just sounds muddy. You don't have to like it, but it's true." by BozzlyB.

I am posting this for you (BozzlyB) to compare me ( SpiritofAtlanta99) defending my corps, to you seemingly taking up for the Blue Stars. I really haven't read where anyone has really said anything negative about Blue Stars directly in this topic, yet you came quickly to defend them.

Here is an example of you responding to a poster who you believe to be taking a swipe at Blue Stars: "Whatever your poisonous tone refers to is lost on me. I was actually responding to the thread topic. Are you making the same put down comments about SVC because Appellation Spring has been done before? Blue Stars show is unique in too many ways to mention, if you can't see that then you might want to consider taking your blinders off, you're missing a lot of good drum corps. My point was that Blue Stars just got done with huge closer re-writes that by all accounts improve the show but is currently quite dirty due to very high demand. Corps that have a lot of cleaning to do at this point in the season are in good tactical shape. Corps that are performing a clean product at this point would be advised not to make the mistake of assuming they can sit back and ride a wave into finals." by BozzlyB

My point is we, yes I do include myself in this, want our corps to be loved and enjoyed by everyone. That's why we take the time to defend them when we think someone is trying to hurt our corps credibility. I am not trying to stir-up anything here, just felt the need to put this on the table. I've actually noticed several posters taking shots at their corps rivals or corps within their corps' tier, but turn around and defend defend defend when it's their corps being discredited.

Glad you were able to get that off your chest, it must have really been bothering you.

Glad you were able to get that off your chest, it must have really been bothering you.

Come on you know it was :tongue:

Edited by SpiritofAtlanta99

The intent of my original post was by no means to denigrate any corps. I was just inquiring on opinions on the recent slow down in scoring. I realize rewrites are designed to enhance the show and drive up GE the rest of the season. With that being said most of the corps have rewrites mid-season but not all corps have this slow down in scoring. Does that mean one corps cleans quicker than others after the re-write. Maybe, maybe not. I am sure there is a sense of urgency with some corps' that have not seen the bump in scoring like others during this mid-season change.

By definition, a Corps that " has peaked " is a Corps whose scores are either flat lined for the year, or will go down from here on in. I don't see any evidence that ANY Corps is in this mode. Corps are getting feedback on their shows from judges and are engaged in various amounts of changes, rewrites, and so forth. Some Corps ultimately will be seen to have peaked before Indianapolis, while others will hit their stride in Indianapolis. But I just think it's still way to early to know which Corps might peak too soon and which Corps will peak just at the right time which will be in Indianapolis.

well said...agree!