Habanero Hot In Houston

For others who marched 58-62 ..Holy Name (Garfield Cadets) in this season is having an eerily familiar year. After marching their 25th without the Maroon jackets ..and struggling all season ..The Garfield Cadets won a couple of shows early in 60 ..and ended by winning the first of three American Legion National Championships ...and again in '61 and '62. Crown is much like the old Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights ..they played and drilled really well ..but somehow never brought the crowd to its feet the Garfield did. ..Oh ...and congratulations to Crown on their 20th anniversary.

Crown gets standing O's before the show even ends at most of their shows....not sure how many shows that you have attended where Crown has performed. A crowd favorite for sure. Thanks for the anniversary wishes.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Contra Mom @ Jul 16 2009, 09:42 PM)

Of course you are entitled to your opinion but you are a Cadets alumni after all. Puke & gimmick are such nice terms to use, very professional sounding.

No. That person is a CC parent. But the person who originally mentioned puke and gimmick and pointless with regard to CC is FHNSAB... wouldn't that mean "For Holy Name Shall Always Be"? Sounds like a Cadet.

Only two posts...new to this site or new name?

name FHNSAB

for the holy name shall always be

Close... FHNSAB = For Holy Name Shall Always Be. No "the"in there. :biggrin:

holy warp speed batman!!! the ending is crazy

the breeze must be causing the guard issues. several drops by Cadets also

also a great show! not sure at this time which I like better

the violin is entering the field

yeah...you know the first thing i thought of when i saw the show wasn't Wizard of Oz at all. not even close. in no way did it remind me of it.

but apparently people aren't "intelligent" enough to discern things for themselves? :biggrin:

Visually, their shows seems much more Peter Pan that any other storyline, especially the guard unis. Maybe even Jack and the Beanstalk. I like it better than anything else I've seen this year so far.

I like Cadets too, but it is not nearly as good as '94. Not by a long shot.

Crown gets standing O's before the show even ends at most of their shows....not sure how many shows that you have attended where Crown has performed. A crowd favorite for sure. Thanks for the anniversary wishes.

c'mon....you're feeding the troll. I am not convinced this poster is a cadet. FHNSAB can be used by anyone.

Close... FHNSAB = For Holy Name Shall Always Be. No "the"in there. :biggrin:

d###... :tongue:

Edited by Silver_King

For others who marched 58-62 ..Holy Name (Garfield Cadets) in this season is having an eerily familiar year. After marching their 25th without the Maroon jackets ..and struggling all season ..The Garfield Cadets won a couple of shows early in 60 ..and ended by winning the first of three American Legion National Championships ...and again in '61 and '62. Crown is much like the old Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights ..they played and drilled really well ..but somehow never brought the crowd to its feet the Garfield did. ..Oh ...and congratulations to Crown on their 20th anniversary.

??? OK, either put down the pipe or learn the "one hit only" rule :biggrin:

thanks