Habanero Hot In Houston

Literally just woke up and saw the scores. Congrats to all the corps, especially Cadets. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Oh, and some of you people need to take a chill pill. :biggrin:

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for interest combining the shows. Colts and Troopers doing the happy dance back in the top twelve! Blue Stars wow!

1 Blue Devils 90.700

1 Holy Name Cadets 88.600

2 The Cavaliers 88.950

2 Carolina Crown 88.050

3 Santa Clara Vanguard 86.350

4 Bluecoats 85.450

3 Blue Stars 83.250

4 Phantom Regiment 83.050

5 Boston Crusaders 82.750

5 Blue Knights 81.200

6 Colts 77.700

7 Troopers 77.450

8 Madison Scouts 75.200

9 The Academy 75.150

10 Pioneer 70.150

11 Cascades 67.850

6 Glassmen 81.200

7 Spirit 75.050

8 Crossmen 74.250

9 Pacific Crest 71.750

10 Mandarins 70.100

Hey anniem, that made me chuckle also. As you can see,by my banner, I am definately affiliated with a corps. Do you have a pic of your kid...send it my way and I'll see if I can make a banner for ya. In between my sewing of course.

lol. Why I did not notice your affiliation whatsoever. :biggrin:

Actually, I already found the answer. Another poster responded to my cry for help. The kid on the left in all the CC banners is mine. I know I have that banner saved so I'm gonna see if I can add it. Thanks.

Excellent! Are you from Indy? I am visiting campus and have a meeting with admissions while I am up there for Finals week.

I am going to have to learn to like basketball I hear. My undergrad certainly was subpar in that dept.

I am actually from northwest Indiana...The Region if you will. You'll love Purdue, I promise. We have quite the large collection of former marchers and fans. And yes, basketball love is a must. It is the reason I get out of bed in the morning during those long, cold Indiana winters.

Can't make finals, unfortunately...family vacation :biggrin:

My only exposure to Phantom Regiment this season has been an early season video online and the video on-demand. Seeing PR's performance live tonight made the show make SO much sense. Wonderful idea!

I can't comment on how many rewrites have gone on this season, but it's unfortunate if that is what has happened. Drill just isn't up to snuff. I know nothing about guard, but it's disappointing that they would be lagging so far behind their competition.

When I left the stadium tonight, I thought "fifth place in finals, easy." Then I got on the computer and saw the placement. Assuming dci.org is correct, I'm just shocked. Here's hoping some tremendous cleaning goes down in the next few weeks.

Nothing against Blue Stars - their resurrection has been amazing. I just hate that it came expense today of my favorite corps... :)

Don't worry. So's your choice of grad school. :biggrin:

<----- IU grad

High five- even if our school will go 0 for the Big 10 this football season.

I am asking as a designer a simple question. Did you understand and like the green strings, guard uniforms, etc. at first glance.

I was attempting to answer the "understand" part of your question. As another CC parent said, I had also seen the show over and over and over and over and..... before I ever saw it with the uniforms so I don't think I can be objective about the "first glance" thing. The rest of you Meaning the audience of non Crown fanatics) saw the show and the uniform together as a package on first glance.

Do I like them? Yes, I love them. I love the wooly little asparagus things. And I am biased.

Hard questions asked of an obviously biased (and deservedly so) person. Thanks for your reply, as I am always curious about the designer vs. the fan/judges. I am overly critical of the obvious, even though sometimes the end product works well....kudos to those guard designers that take risks!