20th Anniversary of "The Frack"

Wow flight of the bumblebee is really hard too yet no one plays it .... cause no corps can play it clean. Oh and I just meant that it sounded a little hokey. Happy jazz sounds vanilla and white. I get so tired of listening to those groups that try that stuff. I have heard many bands try to pull of similar musical ideas and I have never heard a band or corps sound good doing it. I just mean If you want happy and gay go watch Will and Grace. For the rest of us play some evil, dirty, 3 am jazz.

Rick Braun and Dave Koz? :thumbdown:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow flight of the bumblebee is really hard too yet no one plays it .... cause no corps can play it clean. Oh and I just meant that it sounded a little hokey. Happy jazz sounds vanilla and white. I get so tired of listening to those groups that try that stuff. I have heard many bands try to pull of similar musical ideas and I have never heard a band or corps sound good doing it. I just mean If you want happy and gay go watch Will and Grace. For the rest of us play some evil, dirty, 3 am jazz.

We got it, you don't like happy jazz.

Lol wow...harsh!

For the record, '80s BD is some of my favorite stuff.

86 and 88 ftw

Rick Braun and Dave Koz? :thumbdown:

Only half right...Dave Koz is gay. Lol and i'm not joking...he came out a couple of years ago. I saw him at a Michael McDonald tribute concert a few years ago...incredible sax player....well, as good as a sax player can be. :huh:

Lol wow...harsh!

For the record, '80s BD is some of my favorite stuff.

Me too!

Channel One Suite, r u kidding? epic. La Fiesta.... 85 ELP show.. C'mon rockin'! 88, my all-time fave.. To heck with show design, line up and play your butts off and still move with musical meaning around the field. (except during the concert number :thumbdown: )

Give me 80's Devs any day of the week over late 90's on Devs.

Edited by trumpetcam

'84 and '86 for me. I'm a Scout, so '88 Scouts reigns supreme. Lol

haha fair enough

Me too!

Channel One Suite, r u kidding? epic. La Fiesta.... 85 ELP show.. C'mon rockin'! 88, my all-time fave.. To heck with show design, line up and play your butts off and still move with musical meaning around the field. (except during the concert number :thumbdown: )

Give me 80's Devs any day of the week over late 90's on Devs.

Yep. Channel One....but La Fiesta kicks my butt. Love how they played like 10 songs in one show back in those days...even a hint of "Legend of the One-Eyed Sailor" in '84...or was it '86??

I stumbled on this thread too, but it is funny.

I was there and do remember where I was at "the exact moment" of the "Frack".

Saw the poor guy in the parking lot after retreat, sitting on curb, just staring at the pavement.

It really is not funny. Had to hurt something awful. He is still probably in therapy over it.