Finals Breakdown

How does finals work this year with 22 active corps? Quarter =22, Semi = 17-18?, Final = 12?

We're close to the halfway point. Any early predictions?

Well, Im just gonna predict if thats what your asking

1st Crown

2nd Cavaliers

3rd Cadets

4th Blue Devils

5th Blue Coats

thats about as far down as im gonna go cause after 5th place im unsure of what I think is gonna be right though im think glassmen for 6th, but hope im right about all of my predictions (have a bet goin)

Well, no. That was really the secondary question. I'm really wanting to know how do the three finals work this year. I know all 22 perform in the quarters and the top 12 in the finals, but how many will be in Semi's? :tongue:

Well, no. That was really the secondary question. I'm really wanting to know how do the three finals work this year. I know all 22 perform in the quarters and the top 12 in the finals, but how many will be in Semi's? :tongue:

Here is how I see Top 6:

1 Cadets - Still dirty, but are clolsing gap with Crown, emotions will also play into this, they will be the crowd fav (This years PR?).

2. BD - Like last year, great show, but missing something, that something gets them 2nd

3- Cavies- great drill, but the music?, I think I agree with earlier poster, weakest since 97? Maybe,....I say still better than 05 show, but no championship Cavies show level of years past

4- Crown, reminds me of Star 90, take a little less enertainment vs their previous 2 years, and add more diffuculty, they will peak in a week

5- Bluecoats - they are going to be that consistent 6-8th place corps for the next few

6- Phantom- I saw them and they appear to be younger or missing staff or even creativity. Maybe their weakest show in 3-4 years. Could be like Madison 89, win the year before, drop big time the next year, 2009 PR lacks bigtime GE.

Edited by ohbaby

Here is how I see Top 6:

1 Cadets - Still dirty, but are clolsing gap with Crown, emotions will also play into this, they will be the crowd fav (This years PR?).

2. BD - Like last year, great show, but missing something, that something gets them 2nd

3- Cavies- great drill, but the music?, I think I agree with earlier poster, weakest since 97? Maybe,....I say still better than 05 show, but no championship Cavies show level of years past

4- Crown, reminds me of Star 90, take a little less enertainment vs their previous 2 years, and add more diffuculty, they will peak in a week

5- Bluecoats - they are going to be that consistent 6-8th place corps for the next few

6- Phantom- I saw them and they appear to be younger or missing staff or even creativity. Maybe their weakest show in 3-4 years. Could be like Madison 89, win the year before, drop big time the next year, 2009 PR lacks bigtime GE.

If you're using the crowd as a barometer, SCV probably gets the biggest standing O of anyone this year (and didn't even make your radar :ph34r: ). I don't believe that anyone is going to get the crowd support like PR did last year...none of the shows demand it! Everyone will have their honks in the stands, but there will be no anointing this year! :tongue:

Edited by Plan9

I don't understand how SCV has not yet been mentioned in a ranking in the top 4...

1.) BD

2.) Cavies

3.) Crown

4.) SCV

5.) Cadets

6.) Bluecoats

7.) Phantom

8.) Boston

9.) Blue Stars

10.) Blue Knights

11.) Glassmen

12.) Troopers

13.) Colts

14.) Madison

15.) Spirit

16.) Crossmen

17.) Academy

18.)Jersey

19.)Mandarins

20.) Pacific

21.) Pioneer

22.) Cascades

I think the 7th-10th rankings are going to be a battle all season. Also the 12th-15th will be tight so who knows what will happen... but with show design and ability to grow within the show without very much rewriting is western side story. It has a great story line compared to colts and madison. Both of them have solid shows, but it doesn't have that story line factor. I saw them in colorado and didn't feel as connected to their shows as i did with the Troopers. The Troopers just need to clean that show up and it will put them in that higher ranking.

Best of luck this season!

cool. i shall adjust me spreadsheet! :tongue: