Ocean Springs Oasis

Ugghh. Well the virus is still working its way through crown. Just heard from my kid (who is one of those people who just doesn't get sick very often); she's feeling a little feverish but is taking good care of herself and will try to spin if she can.

I would venture to say lots of these kids are the type that don't get sick very often much less miss a rehearsal or performance. There are seasoned vets down and out with this one. My kid is very close to being able to say never missed any part of a rehearsal and can say never missed a performance. I'd be willing to bet there are lots of those all over this activity. These kids are for the most part completely dedicated to the task. This is bad or they would be on the field, no doubt!!! I am sure your daughter and every one of them will be out there tonight if at all possible. At some point it is just not safe to risk getting hurt or hurting someone else by risking marching when you just shouldn't :tongue: Gotta admire every one of them for what they endure to participate in this activity physically and mentally! I have always joked my child would have to be chained to a bed not to be on the field or the stage to perform. Sounds like that may be just the situation we have here and the administration is taking care to be safe and hopefully prevent it from getting any worse or anyone getting hurt.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As soon as the corps move west, they won't see a drop of rain. We have had 3 rain events in the last 60 days in Baton Rouge. There is a very powerful high over central Texas that just doesn't seem to let up. I'll be at the Lafayette show next Monday, and expect the turf to melt, but no rain.

Hopefully the heat will let up because from Houston to Dallas and in between the highs are over 100. And its humid!

As soon as the corps move west, they won't see a drop of rain. We have had 3 rain events in the last 60 days in Baton Rouge. There is a very powerful high over central Texas that just doesn't seem to let up. I'll be at the Lafayette show next Monday, and expect the turf to melt, but no rain.

Hopefully the heat will let up because from Houston to Dallas and in between the highs are over 100. And its humid!

yes, yes it is. This northerner is definitely not used to it (in dallas today, heading to houston tomorrow, lol.)

So how do I remove Mississippi Mud Pie?

Please go to the above link for tonight's show

Just pm one of your favorite mods and ask! :)

for once I am here before it is closed

In Before the LOCK! Always wanted to do that

The weather picture is looking even worse now (5:30 ET/4:30 CT). Precipitation projection for showtime = 70% chance. Might clear up after 9PM, but will the organizers wait that long to start the show?

The weather picture is looking even worse now (5:30 ET/4:30 CT). Precipitation projection for showtime = 70% chance. Might clear up after 9PM, but will the organizers wait that long to start the show?

It's pretty clear now....hopefully it stays that way!

Anyone Tweeting tonight?