finally, Blast came to a true drum corps town, and the town was appreciative.

having seen the show on Broadway, baltimore and now hershey, i must say this cast seemed to be the most laid back and loose of all three casts i have seen. More humor than i ever remember seeing, all of it very well done.

No real big names on staff except for the queen of DCI telecasts, Stacy Johnson.

drum battle was the cleanest i have ever seen it, and as always, it stole the show...tho the weave of death at intermission came close( and yes, to the drummer who asked, i knew the old SCV beat you were jammin to)

I noticed many changes, but, IMO, all made the show more enjoyable to those who may not have been drum corps nuts or band kids who played these tunes.

App Spring was gorgeous....such vocal quality, and the bells were right on the money. medea was a total throwdown( i still like Blasts better than Stars version.)

Land of Make Believe was a scream, and the soloist in EVERYbody Loves the Blues belongs on a field somewhere now!

and Malaguena.....the closer of closers.

Great job Blast, and i wish i had seen you more. Looking forward to seeing what happens when the London run ends.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! I was there too! The show was indeed excellent, but (I will mostly comment on the perc since I'm a drummer) preferred the more "musical" quality of Queen's and Angelis's original solos rather than the extreme visual/random notes type that was played in Hershey. Still, a lot of what those guys did was very impressive. And I preferred Battery Battle all in one piece rather than having that one part jammed into the middle of Medea... Oh well. Can't have it all. ;)

Electric Wheelchair on the stools was cool, too.