Official Rankings As Of 7/14/2009

WOW! I must say... WAY TO GO PIONEER!

They're less than two points up on a quarterfinalist corps that didn't field last year. They're also less than a point ahead of a corps that was in Open Class year, and hasn't received a score since July 6. If that's progress, then it says a lot more about where the corps has been than where the corps is going...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BK website??

No that's not it. Close but not quite. It was just a member of this forum doing it on their own time. It was a really sharp color coded spreadsheet. It's very similar to the layout that the DCP recaps page uses except it was cumulative for the entire season as opposed to "per show."

It's interesting to see the Colts so high considering that they're only marching around 135 and have quite a few holes. How much of an impact do you think corps numbers have on scores? Based on these scores it seems relatively futile to an extent.

They're marching 142 and, barring any further illness or injury (knock on wood), all the holes you saw have been filled. So it is only a difference of 8 people.

HH

No that's not it. Close but not quite. It was just a member of this forum doing it on their own time. It was a really sharp color coded spreadsheet. It's very similar to the layout that the DCP recaps page uses except it was cumulative for the entire season as opposed to "per show."

Is this what you were looking for?

i think he mightve stopped doing it since dcp started.

Ahhh Haaa....It was Neutral Novice who was doing them. Here's the link to a breakdown from last year: http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...or+coded+recaps

And here's an example: 20080723A.jpg

Dear Blue devils staff,

Make ur show harder. I think I could have marched that in 9th grade. common.

Cuban11, although I do love the "self-video" idea posed on this thread proving your marching prowess, you really need to find another thread for you mindless blather. I would also offer you a few options for dealing with your anger and disappointment....(in this order) Medication, Therapy and get out of your room occasionally! :thumbup:

1. 89.850 - Blue Devils

2. 88.200 - Cavaliers

2. 88.200 - Carolina Crown

4. 86.850 - Holy Name Cadets

5. 85.500 - Santa Clara Vanguard

6. 84.950 - Bluecoats

7. 83.300 - Blue Stars

8. 82.500 - Boston Crusaders

9. 82.350 - Phantom Regiment

10. 82.000 - Blue Knights

11. 79.750 - Glassmen

12. 78.250 - Colts

13. 77.250 - Troopers

14. 75.950 - Spirit

15. 75.500 - Crossmen

16. 75.450 - Madison Scouts

17. 73.150 - The Academy

18. 72.000 - Mandarins

19. 71.400 - Pacific Crest

20. 70.700 - Pioneer

21. 69.800 - Jersey Surf

22. 68.800 - Cascades

Discuss!!!!

Edited to Correct Phantom Regiment and Boston Crusaders My Apologies

However statistics are compiled and analyzed, no corps that has seen another corps more than once and not lost to them head to head should be ranked beneath the corps that has not beaten them, at least not if the head-to-head competition has been recent. Phantom is too low. If this is a prediction thread, that's fine, but a power rating and ranking where you end up under someone who has never beaten you is bad science.

This isn't the College Football Computer rankings.

Don't want to be the one to burst the pioneer bubble but.......

Surf hasn't recieved a score since the 6th....

(and then they were barely a point behind crossmen)

oops. :biggrin: