Blue Stars beat Phantom

congrats Blue Stars. That's awesome.

it was only a matter of time for HNC to pass Crown. both corps are incredible, and neither corps is going to dominate each other this year. They will remain competitive.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ He's referring to the totals by category, GE, Visual, and Music. 4th, 4th and 4th.

Did anyone else find it funny that Boston took 4th's across the board but took 5th overall?

Actually I didn't notice until you said that. That is interesting. What's also interesting is that the Blue Stars are all over the place in the captions, even down to 7th, but still managed to finish 3rd.

Edited by Wadep66

Boston Crusaders

4 4 4 5 5 5 4 4 3 4 4 4 4 5 4 4 4 5 5 5 6 6 6 5 2 4 4

...ehh... what about 4th across the board..??

4th in GE overall, 4th in overall vis, 4th in overall music. Yes, the subcaptions obviously made the difference though

Boston Crusaders

4 4 4 5 5 5 4 4 3 4 4 4 4 5 4 4 4 5 5 5 6 6 6 5 2 4 4

...ehh... what about 4th across the board..??

4th in GE overall, 4th in overall vis, 4th in overall music. Yes, the subcaptions obviously made the difference though

The difference was Phatom's 3rd place finish in music.

^ He's referring to the totals by category, GE, Visual, and Music. 4th, 4th and 4th.

Actually I didn't notice until you said that. That is interesting. What's also interesting is that the Blue Stars are all over the place in the captions, even down to 7th, but still managed to finish 3rd.

But it was in a caption that the Blue Stars have struggled with all season - drums. Not really an anomally.

well that too :tongue:

then again, phantom got 5th in GE...so it really WAS the subcaptions!!!!

Which was driven by the disparity in drums. Stars tied PR in ensemble, 2 tenths back in Brass, almost 2 points back in drums.

Having just watched the Blue Stars VOD, I believe that even though they just beat Phantom, they still have a lot of room to grow in their show. They have a great show but there are a lot of musical issues with brass and percussion which, if they improve on, could push them even higher this year. There seem to have been some recent changes in the show which aren't clean yet but could push them higher. Their ballad could be spectacular, but there are some brass endurance issues and it keeps the ballad from being truly great. I haven't seen Phantom's VOD so I can't comment on whether the placement was deserved but the Blue Stars are truly a corps to watch out for!

Blue Stars have four straight days without shows after Saturday. I am looking forward to how good they might be next week in Atlanta.