If You Could Go Back

BD 1980

:sad:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1975 Rochester Phoenix,,the most memorable and best year I've had in my life

'76 Blue Devils, of course, and either '80 BD or SCV!

I MUST add '83 BD of which I missed marching in by a month!!!!!!

Some shows that come to mind:

Santa Clara Vanguard 1989: Love the Phantom music and would love to disappear at Finals. :tongue:

Star of Indiana 1991: The drill for that show is still some of my favorite.

Star of Indiana 1993: Final year for Star and one of the most original and intriguing shows ever to me. :rock:

Blue Knights 2000: Best placement ever for my "hometown" corps.

Phantom Regiment 2008: Thrilling come from behind victory and one of the most satisfying defeats in DCI history. :tongue:

Suncoast 84 (Vietnam show)

SCV 89

1989 Star or 1980 2-7

I'm probably going to stir up some controversy here, but I'm more of a fan of the more modern style of show than I am of the early days of DCI (and before even). I enjoy the theatrics, I enjoy themes (most of the time) that tie show elements together. Those things weren't as common in the 70's and before. That said, I do miss the sheer volume of the old G bugles and some of those old-time hornlines. Anyway, that's just my attempt to explain a bit about my reasoning for choosing these shows:

My first choice, because of my dedication to the Boston Crusaders, is a show I had the privilege of being a drum major for, and that's Boston 2000. Certainly 1999 was meaningful as our first year in finals, but there was something about the 2000 season when everything just fell in place for an unforgettable season, and leading off the live broadcast of the top 5 when the crowd was pumped...unreal. That's one I'd love to relive forever.

A show I just love because I loved the music even before they performed it was Phantom's 1996 Shostakovich show. I'm sure a lot of people would pick other shows above that one, but again, there's just something about that music that spoke to me.

Thanks for allowing me my two cents... :satisfied:

I'm probably going to stir up some controversy here, but I'm more of a fan of the more modern style of show than I am of the early days of DCI (and before even). I enjoy the theatrics, I enjoy themes (most of the time) that tie show elements together. Those things weren't as common in the 70's and before. That said, I do miss the sheer volume of the old G bugles and some of those old-time hornlines. Anyway, that's just my attempt to explain a bit about my reasoning for choosing these shows:

My first choice, because of my dedication to the Boston Crusaders, is a show I had the privilege of being a drum major for, and that's Boston 2000. Certainly 1999 was meaningful as our first year in finals, but there was something about the 2000 season when everything just fell in place for an unforgettable season, and leading off the live broadcast of the top 5 when the crowd was pumped...unreal. That's one I'd love to relive forever.

A show I just love because I loved the music even before they performed it was Phantom's 1996 Shostakovich show. I'm sure a lot of people would pick other shows above that one, but again, there's just something about that music that spoke to me.

Thanks for allowing me my two cents... :tongue:

I started marching in 1967. I have spanned the "old school" to the "new school". I have marched junior and senior. Maybe i misread your post therefore forgive me. There will be no controversy about what the kids are doing today on "the grass". Do not be apologetic or self conscious. BAC 2000 is just simply one of my all time favorite corps.

Back to the topic. If I had a choice it would be one that no one else has mentioned. I was there in Phillie in 1975 when the Muchachoes blew the house down at prelims and I was there to witness what happened that day when we heard the call of the bulls that night.