San Antonio - Kyle Miller - Notice to DCI

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Boston dropped 2 points in Visual performance in one night!

Wrong, wrong, wrong an cost them at least 2 spots!

Notice to DCI - Participation as a judge at the Finals in Indianapolis must be based upon the body of work performed during the season.

Notice to DCI - Kyle Miller - San Antonio

DCI let it end for the season in San Antonio, thank you.

I think calling out a judge like this is poor taste in my opinion....I'm an alumnus of BAC....I think it is wonderful that judges this year are not just playing numbers management and calling each show as they see it...NUMBERS are all over the place...makes for a fun and interesting season no matter where anyone ends up...I think the judge IMO maybe didn't call it right..I'm sure others feel different...BUT that's just how it is....I'm sure BAC is not crying foul here and you should not either....they don't GAVA...Anyway...He didn't seem to like HNC either..and I LOVE THEM this year!!!!!!! I can only imagine how their alumni must feel....SO PROUD of such a talented corps!!!!! This years show has reminded me so much of 1990 in so many ways...one of my favorite cadets shows of all time...

I seem to remember another judge having the same trouble with people on this forum either last year or the year before I can't remember...Though I don't always AGREE with the judges numbers...it is MY BELIEF that they are trying to do the best job possible for all the corps out there....

I'm still shocked to see phantom down there at 8th. Anybody seen their show this year? What's going wrong?

I guess you may have been under a rock maybe? :shutup: ....BUT there visual program is not been up to par so far this year with the other corps...

Boston dropped 2 points in Visual performance in one night!

Wrong, wrong, wrong an cost them at least 2 spots!

Of all the captions, this is probably the one you can LEAST armchair-judge. Because the visual performance judge is on the field and is sampling individuals. It makes perfect sense for them to drop 2 points in that caption if the judge found flaws in their marching technique.

Which fans complain the most about judging??????

Those between the ages of 9 and 90.

We had questions about the recaps posted on dci.org too..... The GE numbers are doubled and averaged, but there's only one name listed in each caption. Also, unless some folks are switching captions from their usual field (like switching from visual to brass and from brass to percussion), some of those look like they were typed in the wrong place. Anyone have access to a recap from the show?