San Antonio reflections

BD played "Children's Hour of Dream" in 1996...and there are similarities with Bluecoats........not saying 'Coats are doing it bad, because they are not, but 96 was also a title year for BD...........

I think the Bluecoats arrangment of Children's Hour of Dream is very reminiscent of BD 1996.

SCV.....no problem that you do not like their show, but many do, and the arrangement translates to the original score quite well...I don't think the drill is bad, and in fact is pretty demanding in that they almost never stop...........also, SCV, I believe, was the first to do Appalachian Spring in drum corps, and us older fans (lol) remember that...........

I am not sure why this show is getting so much buzz. I have seen a few random video clips on the web and watched the webcast the other night.

Pro's = Best music SCV has presented in several seasons (IMO)

Con's = Not enough impact moments for an SCV show. SCV has always been about snap turns, horns down on count one, aggression and intensity. The company front is obviously going to be a classic....but BD had a major musical hit with a giant arc in 1995 and SCV provided a great impact moment in 2000 with Adagio. So it's not really a brand new trick.

I don't like to judge a performance to much from video clips......but SCV's music seems a bit to low key to me.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooooooooooooo, run for cover BD! :w00t: The scary people are coming............we wouldn't want to be in your shoes! oooooooooooo

You're bitter, you're losers, (OK so your running about 2 points ahead), but ooooooooooooo you're gonna get what's comin to you at finals! Can you say HOMER! :devil::thumbup:

What utter, complete drivel! :devil:

I wasn't looking for your agreement with me. I was thinking more about the kids marching with BD, particulary the ones who marched last year. Would you want that to happen again? Win all season long and then the adjudicators say on finals night; "wait a minute, we like this show better". Yes, I would be bitter; that's a hard pill to swallow (no sarcasm).

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I wasn't looking for your agreement with me. I was thinking more about the kids marching with BD, particulary the ones who marched last year. Would you want that to happen again? Win all season long and then the adjudicators say on finals night; "wait a minute, we like this show better". Yes, I would be bitter; that's a hard pill to swallow (no sarcasm).

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Well I'm sure it would be a hard pill to swallow! However, I don't think the judges are saying we like this show better, if they are a good judge they are letting the "performance of the day" decide who the winner is...............right? A good judge records history they dont make it!

Just my two cents, I usually try to avoid posting on here!

Good luck to all the corps and I would add any of the top five corps right now could win finals night!

No corps has gone undefeated only to lose Finals. (Cavies beat BD last year at DCI East.)
Though there have been corps that have gone into Finals week undefeated only to find themselves in 3rd come Saturday night.

<ahem> NO CORPS HAS GONE UNDEFEATED ONLY TO LOSE FINALS. That was the argument. Blue Devils 1988 and 1995 were undefeated until Finals Week. Garfield was undefeated in 1983 but lost Semifinals.