Being called out...

In my one year of marching (so far...hopefully!) the worst CALL-OUT I saw all season was this.

I was bottom bass on the bass line and one night our bass 3 and bass 4 did something that was in fact REALLY stupid. I won't mention what it was just to save face for our corps lol. But anyway, our visual tech (Trevor Cox) was the only staff member on the scaffolding at the moment. So it started with him calling them out for being idiots and making them run a couple of laps for what they did. He was pretty ###### (which is hard to do with him). Then our percussion caption (Jeff Willis) head showed up and he was pretty ###### too! THEN our bass tech showed up, found out what they had been doing and I saw a side of him I had never seen before!

He started by calling them out of the form and then chewed them out in front of the entire corps while we kept rehearsing. This went on for quite a while; he had lots of great hand gestures and arm flailing to go with it too. Then he just disappeared. This was in mid-afternoon and we still had the rest of the day for rehearsal (all days). We did not see him until sub-sectionals the following morning and didn't dare ask him where he had gone until close to the end of the season.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

one of the most genius visual techs ever to a baritone player

"are you trying to kill me? you look so bad I'm going to jump off of the scaffolding." (this was more hilarious than it sounds because it was the day before finals)

one visual staff member about another visual staff member

"it would be awesome if we could make trades in drum corps.....we trade (insert name) to the racine scouts for a helmet and feather"

And I get to work with these two guys every fall. The comedy never ends.

To think that some corps care about nothing but winning.

There are corps who would kill for a silver medal around their neck.

I'd hope they kill more for a gold medal. Competition breeds excellence.

To think that some corps care about nothing but winning.

There are corps who would kill for a silver medal around their neck.

Three things

1) You can't extrapolate that a corps cares about nothing but winning from 1 staff quote

2) I would certainly hope that any staff I was marching with wanted to win

3) I'm sure nobody at Cavies ever cared about winning, right? :whistle: