• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's Iowa!

Hawkeyes4life.

gross.

:doh:

DCA held finals in Scranton for many years, home of the AAA Yankees. however since real grass is in place, they wont let anyone on it.

but really, even multipurpose stadiums arent great for viewers. Rochester in 96, home of an AAA team...the 50 yard line seats were the ones furthest away from the field.

find a football stadium or soccer stadium. it's the best bet. I'm anxious to see what the new soccer stadium south of Philly looks like when it opens

I saw in some news articles this week that notre dames football team is trying to secure a day for a game sometime in the next few years in the New Yankee Stadium. I know many corps can and have used the outfield of a baseball field for rehearsal or a show, i know my corps did. Has Dci ever done any of their major shows at a baseball stadium? Would this be feasible. Certain stadiums would be much more condusive to drum corps than others, but would this be a possibility for a new venue to get a new crowd of people involved?

The Glen Falls show is in a small little baseball stadium.

I performed at Wrigley with the Cavaliers in the 70's.

And to responder praising Florida band finals at The Trop ... IMO, the W O R S T venue for a marching music show. The artificial turf is like a sponge, the sight lines are skewed by the in-out field and baseline surfaces, the angle of view or reference to "front or concert" is offset for viewers and marchers alike, and the sound (massive echo) is makes the programs almost unreadable. I've been pit dad for son's band for years now; hate it hate it hate it.

I performed at Wrigley with the Cavaliers in the 70's.

And to responder praising Florida band finals at The Trop ... IMO, the W O R S T venue for a marching music show. The artificial turf is like a sponge, the sight lines are skewed by the in-out field and baseline surfaces, the angle of view or reference to "front or concert" is offset for viewers and marchers alike, and the sound (massive echo) is makes the programs almost unreadable. I've been pit dad for son's band for years now; hate it hate it hate it.

I kinda like the trop (played there with USF/ taught a band that played there) best seats for the sound are up the 50 right below the skyboxes, there is little to no echo.

I remember mid 80's that the US Open was held at a baseball stadium in columbus one year instead of in Marion.

That was Franklin County Stadium, later known as Cooper Stadium. They annually hosted a DCI show there throughout the 1980s into the early 1990s. "Pageant of Champions", I think it was called. Good memories.