All-Time BEST All-Girl Corps

Best All-Girl Corps 1970's to Present  

84 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, who was the best All-Girls Corps in Drum Corps 1970's to present

• Audobon Bon Bons
    • St. Ignatius Girls
    • Mello Dears
    • CapitolAires
    • Ventures
    • Bandettes
    • Royaleers
    • Fire-ettes
    • Nee Hi's
    • Joan-ettes
    • Jean-ettes
    • C.D. of A.
    • St. John's Girls
    • Les Chatelaines

oops

I'd vote St. Johns but I can't - because they're not on the list.
Edited by KeithHall

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adde

I'd vote St. Johns but I can't - because they're not on the list.

It says "since 1970 to present"

Keith, maybe you need to change the poll to the all-time best girls corps, or the best girls corps since the 1970s. The Bon Bons would probably have to rate as the greatest, especially for what they did in the 1950s (and early 1970s), but they didn't have the longevity "since the 1970s" that some of the other girls corps did. Thus it's hard to say they were the best in the 1970s to present.

But the topic of the thread is "All-Time Best All-Girl Corps".

I don't want to argue small details, Keith. The topics you've come up with on this forum are always conversation starters.

But as I said before, the All-Time Best (the topic of the thread) would be the Bon Bons, while the best since the 1970s (poll) would be somebody else, since I think you have to proved sustainability since the '70s to be counted as the best in that span. The Bon Bons "greatness" seemed to pretty much end after their 1973 season, when they were a DCI top 25 finisher.

Edited by Northern Thunder

Adde

And my vote is in. Thanks! :thumbup:

Of course - it helps that I married their drummajor! :devil:

Sorry, I thought I had that in there...crap!

But the topic of the thread is "All-Time Best All-Girl Corps".

I don't want to argue small details, Keith. The topics you've come up with on this forum are always conversation starters.

But as I said before, the All-Time Best (the topic of the thread) would be the Bon Bons, while the best since the 1970s (poll) would be somebody else, since I think you have to proved sustainability since the '70s to be counted as the best in that span. The Bon Bons "greatness" seemed to pretty much end after their 1973 season, when they were a DCI top 25 finisher.

I guess if you look at the period, 1970 to Present, Ventures have won more championships. Brian can confirm this, because Audobon and St. Iggies were gone after the 80's and we can add St. John's Girls because they went co-ed. Ventures were going at it from 1970's to 90's (right?).

Looks like a strong Canadian contingent, and we haven't even mentioned the Sarnia Marching Angels, Durham Girls, the Marionnetes, Alberta All Girls, etc....

And where's Arbella?