Is it safe ?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Domes suck. (adding my voice to the throng)

Sadly, we get 10.... wait... 9!... years of dome finals. Oh joy. yeah yeah yeah, I've heard all the "it's been built with this kind of event in mind" arguments. It's a football dome with curtains. It's still going to hide musical dirt and give hornlines more echo than outdoors, which tends to mask intonation issues as well as add to perceived volume (vs. real volume). It will muddy battery sounds and cause pits to turn the volume up to try to compensate for all the extra volume from the horns and drums.

That's my take, anyway.

I hate domes. It's an outdoor activity, and it makes no sense to hold Finals in a dome. Sigh.

As for the OP, this is the review section, not the ##### and whine and poor me I don't like drum corps anymore but I'm going to go anyway cause maybe just maybe someday they'll go back to marching tymps and marimbas and wearing spats section.

Edited by Matt_S

Superdome is the worst of all I have heard

:thumbup: Only dome I ever played in thank goodness....

Was there for 1978 American Legion and couldn't hear the beat first time we turned backfield.

Was interesting being there when the seats were empty. Someone clapped once and we could hear it echoing back and forth from the roof. Kinda like the old MTV left channel... right channel stereo test.

Spirit

1) Bought a giant pretzel went back to my seat and they were still on so I went to get another pretzel

How was that second pretzel?

Domes suck. (adding my voice to the throng)

Sadly, we get 10.... wait... 9!... years of dome finals. Oh joy. yeah yeah yeah, I've heard all the "it's been built with this kind of event in mind" arguments. It's a football dome with curtains. It's still going to hide musical dirt and give hornlines more echo than outdoors, which tends to mask intonation issues as well as add to perceived volume (vs. real volume). It will muddy battery sounds and cause pits to turn the volume up to try to compensate for all the extra volume from the horns and drums.

That's my take, anyway.

I hate domes. It's an outdoor activity, and it makes no sense to hold Finals in a dome. Sigh.

I thought the stadium in Indy had a removable dome, so it could be all-weather. Have they specifically said they'll keep the dome closed for DCI?

I thought the stadium in Indy had a removable dome, so it could be all-weather. Have they specifically said they'll keep the dome closed for DCI?

Having a removable dome is kind of like having a removable condom. It's really quite pointless and accomplishes nothing.

Why do you still follow drum corps? Go watch your 70s dvds.

I guess you missed the part where my sarcasm was posted in the OFF TOPIC area and yet someone decided to move it to the public viewing area? :thumbup:

Just because most corps are using last years Blue Devils theme is no reason to become uppity at me.

Why use an over load of rimshots when so many major shows are held inside domes ? Could it be that someone has a new idea on heads rims or sticks to market ? Follow the money.

The tecnical musical talent as well as the physical ability and training is unbelievable but can we not speak of the elephant in the room with each corps ?

It's hard not to notice a dog turd even on the most beautiful wedding cake. :devil: