Is it safe ?

I rather enjoyed that. Fun read. I particularly liked the pretzel part.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a removable dome is kind of like having a removable condom. It's really quite pointless and accomplishes nothing.

Umm, that doesn't really make any sense at all. How is the ability to have a dome in the case of rain or NOT have a dome in the case of good weather pointless?

Umm, that doesn't really make any sense at all. How is the ability to have a dome in the case of rain or NOT have a dome in the case of good weather pointless?

I see your point but I thought he was talking about acoustics not weather ? Acoustically, it doesn't make that much of a difference if it's open or closed. The design of most domes is horrid at best. Only stadium IMHO worse than a dome was the Montreal stadium on the 1st level uder the 2nd level.

Most sound went upstairs while every pin drop under the 2nd level was 10 x's louder, including the people yelling "hot dogs" or "insert item here" during the 1st several corps. The design was set up that any instrument that managed to get into the thin slot came in like a slingshot and splattered on the back wall. I loved MaGill ( sp? ) and still love Whitewater.

As for the OP, this is the review section, not the ##### and whine and poor me I don't like drum corps anymore but I'm going to go anyway cause maybe just maybe someday they'll go back to marching tymps and marimbas and wearing spats section.

Interesting to say the least. You ##### and whine about #####ing and whineing ? Hello Mister Pot, did you bother to actually READ the post before shooting your mouth off ?

Seems as if you should be upset with the moderator who moved it here from the OFF TOPIC section, not me. Seems the moderator thinks this is more ON Topic here than I do so please take up your complaints with THEIR judgement of todays DCI, not my attempt at humor and sarcasm. I guess it really does hit a raw nerve when it's that close to reality.

By the way, I never did like spats or marching tymps, however, the old superseniccrusers were pretty cool buses with a lot of leg room.

Having a removable dome is kind of like having a removable condom. It's really quite pointless and accomplishes nothing.

You're aware of condoms that aren't removable?

Edited by mobrien

Seems as if you should be upset with the moderator who moved it here from the OFF TOPIC section, not me. Seems the moderator thinks this is more ON Topic here than I do...

A review of a DCI show? Yes, I'd say it's pretty on-topic for this forum. Why wouldn't it be?

No, I am not the moderator who moved this thread. But had I gotten to it first, I would have.

... so please take up your complaints with THEIR judgement of todays DCI, not my attempt at humor and sarcasm.

Humor? Sarcasm? I didn't see any in what you said. In fact, you keep defending your post, suggesting that you meant every word of it.