Is it safe ?

Im going to play devils Advocate.... I dont like Domes either......

It makes Plenty of Sense Financially to use a Dome for Finals... DCI is trying to cover their buts.. If it Rains, they can still have a show. And with DCI now in Indy, Why not have finals down the street from the Office.

Now on the other hand, I was having this conversation with my Father the other day. We used to plan our summer vacation around DCI Finals. We have been to some great Cities in the Past. Madison, Buffalo, Denver, Orlando, Pasadena, Boston/Providence, Even College Park MD was cool. Now we skip Finals and go to Allentown to Visit my sister and see that show. No More Finals for us, till DCi Pulls out of Indy. Ive been to Indy way too much to want to go there every year. I am over Indy......

Id Like to see DCI go back to moving it around and throw some new places in there.

Yup, there was just something fun about it being somewhere different every year, and it seemed a lot more fair to those living outside of the midwest.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to play devils Advocate.... I dont like Domes either......

It makes Plenty of Sense Financially to use a Dome for Finals... DCI is trying to cover their buts.. If it Rains, they can still have a show. And with DCI now in Indy, Why not have finals down the street from the Office.

Now on the other hand, I was having this conversation with my Father the other day. We used to plan our summer vacation around DCI Finals. We have been to some great Cities in the Past. Madison, Buffalo, Denver, Orlando, Pasadena, Boston/Providence, Even College Park MD was cool. Now we skip Finals and go to Allentown to Visit my sister and see that show. No More Finals for us, till DCi Pulls out of Indy. Ive been to Indy way too much to want to go there every year. I am over Indy......

Id Like to see DCI go back to moving it around and throw some new places in there.

I also see no purpose in going to INDY either...I also planned vacation around finals and have picked Allentown over Indy this year as I went to Indy/Bloomington last year...

I also see no purpose in going to INDY either...I also planned vacation around finals and have picked Allentown over Indy this year as I went to Indy/Bloomington last year...

We'll probably do the same thing starting next year...

I wonder if DCI recognizes the potential for a steadily decreasing attendance at finals based on people just not wanting to go to the same town each year and having other options for getting their drum corps fix. By year 10 finals week attendance could be at an all time low just cause everyone's sick of Indy.

Yup, there was just something fun about it being somewhere different every year, and it seemed a lot more fair to those living outside of the midwest.

except to those in the west