Is it safe ?

Oh but Jeff, you know how I am......I wasn't discussing drum corps, tecnically speaking.

I understand your intended point, however, my point has been proven.

Jeff, if you tell me to drop the issue, I will. But it really irks the heck out of me for someone to pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Mike, you peed on your own leg. the rules on here are thus:

if it's got DCI stuff in it, it goes in those forums

if it's got DCA stuff in it, it goes in those forums

otherwise it's usually off topic.

i fail to see how your point was proven and really, you made a mountain out of a molehill

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is I was laughing my arse off after reading the OP's comments. I think the sarcasm was evident, and I bet you he enjoyed a good bit of the show. But some of the points he brings up are very valid, and with some things said I think you just need to laugh it off and realize that in many cases he is not really serious--even if he says so.

I agree about the rim shots, I actually love what many of the pits are doing this year (so we differ there), but I think you hit some good points, in an exaggerated sort of way, with a hint of humor and sarcasm.

Yeah, I can see some being offended, but you can't please everyone and not everyone laughs at the same things.

I do think we should move this to the World Class discussion board and title it "Rim Shots and Other Effects." Then I think we should have a more serious discussion about effects, but perhaps with a sense of humor and new ideas.

Thanks for the veiled threat, and , all but proving this was a "catch back" for the debate awhile back about moving threads. I "knew" if I kept it up someone would prove their personal feelings vs: what their actual job is. Congrats on proving my point. Lets put this on front page ! Let's let everyone see your threat please.

Now that the cats out of the bag no sense to put it back to off topic where "I" felt it belonged. Someone made a choice to play a game with me. I just ADORE playing games when put to the task.

Just how far do YOU want to take this ? I personally think you should resign since you use your power to make threats like this. I don't think that this is what George Dixon ever had in mind for DCP

come on, we have INT threads in the DCI sections that don't get moved...why not ?

we have "what seat on the bus do you like" in the DCI section that don't get moved...why not ?

why would MY thread of OFF topic material get moved to a REVIEW section ?

I know the answer now.

Thanks for playing and since I have received no warnings or messages, I assume I'm playing by the rules and, doing so legally.

Can you honestly say that ?

Have a nice day!

Now, what can you do about all the OFF TOPIC threads in the DCI World class section ?

Mike, if something gets reported as off topic it gets moved unless it's blatantly obvious and the mods catch it. They dont read every thread, they read reports.

for the record...i reported it in OT. wanna know why? Your first post was discussing your thoughts on DCI corps.

it didnt belong in OT.

after that, you've reacted like someone kicked you out of a corps for telling the Dm to #### off ( and i know you know what I am refering to)

Is it safe to share my feelings regarding San Antoino ? Well, it should be ok since all the groups I saw were marching bands and not drum corps, so, it really is OFF TOPIC.

Domes suck, DOMES SUCK ( come on, everyone all together now )

I don't dare post this in the main area for fear of being lambasted by the band parents and the " stop picking on the kids" groups....................BUT, last year ( overall) I was pleasently surprized by the overall entertainment value of many corps errrrr ummm BANDS shows.

Those of you who know me know, I have a hard time sugar coating anything and I calls em as I sees em.

So heres my condensed thoughts on corps in no order:

BD -

1)Oh look, they are using those "yellow painters pants" again..........wait, no it's different but just as ugly.....2) man I STILL hate those uniforms that look one step above the old Bleu Raeder warm ups from 72....3) Must we cover every attack with rimshots ? 4) 1930, should look like 1930, not like it's written by the minimum wage cake decorater at Wal Mart............think they have just about peaked......only liked about 1/4 of the show because there were no sound effects with the chairs like Les Chatalains ( sp ? ) back in Montreal

Cavies

1) Oh my GOD, cutsy alpine hikers shorts....and look, they found a use for the tron belts ....2) Ummmm, must we PRANCE in the hikers shorts and grasp the ropes between our legs ?......3) Oh, more rimshots.....................4) and the point of this show was ?

HNC

1)Wow, what happened to "tribute to Lenny" ? 2) why use electronics to create the "whistle" and NOT play correct intervals ? 3) Wow, could be a great show if they got rid of Hoppy's ideas 4) cool drill feature to bring back the old "G"and then spell out "75"...........drop the electronics, add the ending and let these kids take this on their own merit and cut some rimshots

PR

1) I came, I saw, I enjoyed but after last year, this show just ain't gonna do it

CC

1) It ain't easy being green 2) OK, those plumes are the same color as 5 day old lime jello uncovered in the back of the fridge 3) 1/3 of the show is interesting, the other 2/3'ds, not so much 4) I HATE rimshots

SCV

1) wow, wow and WOW. Most interesting horn sound of the night 2) this show could be the sleeper in the pack. and that blend in the horn book is just what I like, but as great as the sound is, the book doesn't sell 100% because of minor balance issues

BStars ?

1) Well, at least the guard costumes fit the "era" 2) alot of tables to haul around without much effect

3) I HATE rimshots 4) Ok, so everyone is in winter drumline uniforms and the point being ? 5) Well, it was better than Crowns tribute to Home Depot show when they carried lumber and tires on the field

BCoats

Ummmmm, I'm drawing a blank but I don't like black helmets and I don't like rimshots

Boston

1)Coming around nicely

Glassmen

1) Hey, when it's not a MBA show like last year, they do a nice job.

Troopers

1) better quality 2) sorta bizarre arrangements

Spirit

1) Bought a giant pretzel went back to my seat and they were still on so I went to get another pretzel

Pioneer

Not Irish enough to entertain me this year

Madison......Is anyone WORKING WITH the guard ?

Ok, thats off my chest.

Now, to catch up on Farmtown

see this? this is discussing your feelings on what you saw at San Antonio. This is a review, not an off topic discussion.

hence why I reported it so it would be moved properly

see this? this is discussing your feelings on what you saw at San Antonio. This is a review, not an off topic discussion.

Sorry, that IS a dead parrot

well its a moved parrot, and in a place better suited for it

Then why not just tell me ? Are you saying I just wasted a decent pissing match because of YOU ?

%^$*$ I^%$*$ ()*%$@*_) $$#@@(^&%#$@

I even ASKED about posting it there !!!!!

%$%$##$% *^%#$)(

sorry dude. i normally dont debate, i just hit the report button

well its a moved parrot, and in a place better suited for it

No, it's not a review. I was "sharing feelings". You have read my reviews in the past and this was NOTHING like a review ( of mine ) ( no matter how truthful it was )

But I'm tired of argueing today, so I'll come back tomorrow and post a review for you. :thumbup:

The real question on everyone's mind......

was there mustard on those pretzels? :sad: