Is it safe ?

You suck at sarcasm.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I learned (is that a word) that the 1930 in the BD's show is the same exact font that they used in 1930. Also, the flags were from some stamp back then.

Yes, learned is a word. If you were in Britain, you would have said "learnt." Both are correct. Carry on... :sad:

Umm, that doesn't really make any sense at all. How is the ability to have a dome in the case of rain or NOT have a dome in the case of good weather pointless?

We're looking at it from different, um, contexts? I was thinking of the argument that opening the dome creates less echo, which IMO really has no effect on reducing echo. You were thinking about the weather.

We're looking at it from different, um, contexts? I was thinking of the argument that opening the dome creates less echo, which IMO really has no effect on reducing echo. You were thinking about the weather.

How can opening the Dome create less echo... but not have an effect on reducing echo? That seems to contradict itself.

I think there would be a huge difference if the roof was open. Unlike some retractable roof stadiums, Lucas Oil's roof opening is extremely large plus there are giant "windows" at the endzones which could be opened as well. We will have to see.... I really hope they are open for at least one of the days. It would be interesting if people could hear the corps on some championship day with it closed, and open on another. Then we could get a real comparison.

No, it's not a review. I was "sharing feelings". You have read my reviews in the past and this was NOTHING like a review ( of mine ) ( no matter how truthful it was )

But I'm tired of argueing today, so I'll come back tomorrow and post a review for you. :sad:

sharing feelings on drum corps in the non drum corps part of the site.

Mike, I know you're no dummy...what part are you not getting here?

Man, this seems to be heading for a classic episode of Jerry Springer...

"You don't know me!"

"You don't understand how I feel!"

The real question on everyone's mind......

was there mustard on those pretzels? :sad:

Mikes from N'ah Lins..... he was looking for the Cajun spices....

Now I live 2 hours from Philly. If a hot pretzel place ain't got :doh: plain yellow mustard, they don't get my business. :doh:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Domes suck. (adding my voice to the throng)

Sadly, we get 10.... wait... 9!... years of dome finals. Oh joy. yeah yeah yeah, I've heard all the "it's been built with this kind of event in mind" arguments. It's a football dome with curtains. It's still going to hide musical dirt and give hornlines more echo than outdoors, which tends to mask intonation issues as well as add to perceived volume (vs. real volume). It will muddy battery sounds and cause pits to turn the volume up to try to compensate for all the extra volume from the horns and drums.

That's my take, anyway.

I hate domes. It's an outdoor activity, and it makes no sense to hold Finals in a dome. Sigh.

Im going to play devils Advocate.... I dont like Domes either......

It makes Plenty of Sense Financially to use a Dome for Finals... DCI is trying to cover their buts.. If it Rains, they can still have a show. And with DCI now in Indy, Why not have finals down the street from the Office.

Now on the other hand, I was having this conversation with my Father the other day. We used to plan our summer vacation around DCI Finals. We have been to some great Cities in the Past. Madison, Buffalo, Denver, Orlando, Pasadena, Boston/Providence, Even College Park MD was cool. Now we skip Finals and go to Allentown to Visit my sister and see that show. No More Finals for us, till DCi Pulls out of Indy. Ive been to Indy way too much to want to go there every year. I am over Indy......

Id Like to see DCI go back to moving it around and throw some new places in there.

How can opening the Dome create less echo... but not have an effect on reducing echo? That seems to contradict itself.

I think there would be a huge difference if the roof was open. Unlike some retractable roof stadiums, Lucas Oil's roof opening is extremely large plus there are giant "windows" at the endzones which could be opened as well. We will have to see.... I really hope they are open for at least one of the days. It would be interesting if people could hear the corps on some championship day with it closed, and open on another. Then we could get a real comparison.

I guess again I was unclear. I'm not making the argument that opening the dome creates less echo. I was quoting that as an argument I've heard from others. In my opinion, the difference in the sound between a dome and a dome with the roof rolled back is barely noticable. Even Camp Randal increased the echo factor significantly just by adding more stands.