Atlanta's Brave New World

Yah, I saw that too. Couldn't tell if the horn player ran into the judge or if the judge pushed them out of the way. Hopefully the latter is not true, surely not.

looked like he was back peddling and the judge was there at the wrong time

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Spirit, my least favorite show of the year. Love the hornline but can't stand all the "extras" that aren't needed.

I've NEVER been a fan of the "extras" either.....but it wasn't horrible...nice horns Spirit!

good night john boy

johnny boy

I love this show!! Fabulous music, great horn line, percussion is strong, and I really love the sound of the new PIT instruments. I know I am in the minority, but I have been waiting for synths, effects, soundclips, bass, and all. And I think they use it well. Very modern, fun, effective, fan entertaining, and it is realistic considering they are projecting a rock concert. Audience loved them, and me too.

That is modern drum corps, and I love it!!!!!!!

This is not me (I actually wore a classic black tux, thank you very much), but this guy was all over proms and weddings back in 1978.

gary.jpg

I'm SO glad I didn't live back then. :tongue:

Hornline seems to be becoming more and more of an afterthought for this show as it goes on.

all the artificially induced sounds with the new toys can't mask the fact that Spirit has a weakly designed visual show, and the Corps brass sound has a blatty sound, and there are too many rim shots that are unappealing to the ears. Spirit won't be performing on Finals Night. I hope they come back stronger next year with a better designed show for the kids, and that they shore up the fundamentals of playing and marching better so the kids will have a better chance of making finals next year.

Edited by BRASSO

looked like he was back peddling and the judge was there at the wrong time

i just caught the falling