Atlanta's Brave New World

Crossmen 3 words CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or am I seeing a lot of visual dirt from everyone tonight?

No. There is LOTS of visual dirt still evident with these Corps.

Yes, nice job BONES!

Big improvements. Good show, really good show! This and Spirit will be on my iPod.

I agree about the drill. Sometimes stagnant at times. Still, if they clean this they are dangerous.

I don't have any religious objection to snyths -- I think we've seen some good examples of synths being used well so far today (and some not so good) -- but I will never, ever understand why a full, World Class contra line needs any support from a low brass patch. But a great show from the Crossmen, and everyone else, otherwise.

Bass is supposed to be FELT ... not HEARD. With that in mind, the synth can do lower frequencies that are FELT .. but when they're over amped it's just plain stupid. I think if each corps had a 24 member tuba/contra line, they would balance properly (sans Crown ... they give nice FELT for 16) :tongue:

Thank you for being smart and doing a sound check before the show.

I don't understand arrangers sometimes. It's like they think to themselves "wow, I really like this piece of music. I wonder how I can #### it up real good!"

HAHA

That's exactly how I feel. I enjoy music, so whenever I get into a corps show that year, I can rarely listen to the original without hearing the Drum Corps version! For example, having to play Barber of Saville, and it having Ode to Joy in the middle...it messes with my head!

where is our seasick cameraman? :tongue: