Atlanta's Brave New World

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

out of curiosity, does anyone else feel like they don't need the pre-recorded voiceovers? I feel like it's great without them...is it just me?

I agree they do not express any new idea or emotion that the music/drill/guardwork don't already convey. Seems to be voice for voice's sake, ie BD '06.

Edited by runyancm

my predictions so far

3. Santa Clara Vanguard 92.35

4. Holy Name Cadets 92.3

5. Carolina Crown 91.9

6. Bluecoats 89.1

7. Boston Crusaders 87.05

8. Phantom Regiment 86.85

9. Blue Stars 86.25

10.Glassmen 84.7

11.Blue Knights 84.65

12.Troopers 81.0

13.The Academy 80.95

14.Colts 80.8

15.Crossmen 78.35

16.Spirit 77.45

17.Madison Scouts 77.40

18.Mandarins 76.0

19.Pacific Crest 74.6

20.Pioneer 72.3

21.Jersey Surf 71.9

22.Cascades 70.65

do you like .05?

That's what she... said? :thumbup:

Rear marching traverses ... elbows pop/####. Old technique brought back. I haven't seen it until tonight. I thought some other Borg would have caught that.

Wow great show Holy Name...They move a lot, but I think difficulty is a point of view. I'd say Vanguard's show is just as hard as theirs, but in a different way...as is Crown's. Man Holy Name looks great and has a great show, its gonna be a bloodbath for the top 3...Any corps in the top 5 right now could place in the top 3 and no one would question it.

Saw Dan Potter in Santa Barbara - did the camera add 10 lbs or has he been hittin the stadium snacks too hard?? :thumbup:

Lots of room in that closer for the z-pull. Come on George, give it to us.

This is a remarkable show...but what is in the show that has not been seen before. Granted this is a 75th anniversary show, but put a new "spin" on some of these moves and freshen things up more. The music has done that...I would like to see the drill do the same. FABULOUS guard...they will be hard to beat come Indy!!!

Championship or not...Cadets that was freaking awesome...classic Cadets doing what they do best...I forgive you for the last couple years...

No matter where the Cadets finish this year, I'm going to think this show is a first-place-worthy program.

Mike

Visually, it is stunning. Unbelievable demand in the Cadets show this year. They make it look so easy.

I don't like the musical interpretation of the songs, as well as earlier Cadets WSS, but why quibble.... this is an outstanding presentation this year from them, in my opinion.

The show, maybe the most difficult this year, is all over the place for me. It seems like it ends 3 times. Anyone else feel that way? They also need to play with some range. FFF doesn't have much effect when its played for 12 min.

I agree somewhat. What I feel they suffer from (only slightly, obviously) is that their volume and drill speed are almost always at the same levels, so you get little contrast..if they can create some additional dynamics from both a musical and visual standpoint I think they have this one this year...