A little BD love

Heyyyyy this thread turned out kind of like a drum corps show:

Clean opening, then a little harmonic tension thrown in for a tease

Hints of more tension, but some nice pretty moments tossed in to keep things even before....

ALL OUT TENSION/WAR!!!!

In the end, a possible resolution.....

but is the show over? Is a tag ending around the corner? A reprise? :blink:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care what anybody says, BD's hornline is tearing down the house this year. I don't know what everyone is complaining about, the show is 10 times more fun than 07 and 08.

I completely agree 100%. I really enjoy the show, but the biggest weakness is the ending. It just kind of ends... there's no championship-quality exclamation point on the end of the sentence. It's awkward because it almost feels like the ending should have been about 30 seconds prior at the end of the jazz section.

I'm not too concerned though. BD's endings have always been a work-in-progress and I have no doubt they're working up a killer one as we speak. This is why I don't get why people think that BD's show is peaking now... the ending clearly needs tweaking and 2 weeks is the perfect amount of time to try some things, get feedback from the judges, and have things all tied up with a bow by championships.

Especially since, if you noticed on their schedule, over the next two weeks the Blue Devils have a grand total of 4 shows between now and Quarterfinals with no back-to-back shows. It allows adequate time to implement changes and increase familiarity before performing them.

Especially since, if you noticed on their schedule, over the next two weeks the Blue Devils have a grand total of 4 shows between now and Quarterfinals with no back-to-back shows. It allows adequate time to implement changes and increase familiarity before performing them.

...and I for one can't wait!! BD's endings have always been some of my favorite moments of each season. Take last year's for example: Absurdity was a good show, but that ending was A-MAZING!!!

Heyyyyy this thread turned out kind of like a drum corps show:

Clean opening, then a little harmonic tension thrown in for a tease

Hints of more tension, but some nice pretty moments tossed in to keep things even before....

ALL OUT TENSION/WAR!!!!

In the end, a possible resolution.....

but is the show over? Is a tag ending around the corner? A reprise? :blink:

And, everyone sat when they wrote their replies. ( insert smiley here)

I personally feel that this year for BD is a payback by the judges for last year.

I disagree for a few reasons.

One, if that were true that would be like the judges stating that they got last year wrong. The same judges that chose to reward Phantom are the ones now rewarding Blue Devils. It can't NOT be a conspiracy when a corps you like wins and a conspiracy when they don't.

Second, even people who don't connect with the show acknowledge the performance level demonstrated by BD. Performance more or less makes up 60% of the overall score in one facet or another, so Blue Devils should be winning right now.

Finally, as has been stated in many other places, there doesn't seem to be a contender (yet) with a big emotional push in their show that could overtake BD in the GE department, a la Phantom last year. By this time last year, Phantom was making large strides because the cohesiveness was finally there and the GE skyrocketed. There doesn't seem to be a definitive show with that element. I thought Crown had that element after the Atlanta broadcast but obviously not to the degree I thought since they promptly got beat the next night. Thus, if no one is coming up with additional, phenomenal GE, AND we acknowledge that Blue Devils are out-performing everyone else, then isn't it logical that they would be in the lead by a substantive margin?

hey all. i skipped over all the drama in the middle and just want to offer up some more BD love.

I'll preface this with the fact that I am in no way a die-hard BD fan (Cadets are #1 in my heart forever). However, I do enjoy many of their productions and the passion with which they generally play. With the performance this weekend in ATL, they really made me a believer in the show and showed why they deserve to be no. 1. I'm not sure I can pinpoint any one aspect of the show that really did it for me, but the whole (in my eyes) was definitely greater than any one individual moment (isn't that how a great show should be anyway!?). Clean, fun, fast -- I was very impressed and glad to see them at the top of their game with a great show!