Ticketmaster

I just ordered my tickets for Finals from Ticketmaster and I will say I am extremely disappointed. DCI really makes it difficult for their fans to get their tickets when they use Ticketmaster...because, as has been mentioned, the website shows the best view for the Colts...and the man on the phone didn't seem to understand either. I ended up paying $75 for seats PAST the goal line. I have been to two championships, 2002 and 2008, and I never had to pay this much for such poor seating. I understand that ticket prices needed to increase, but...if you need to charge this much for the show, is it worth hosting it in that stadium?

I just feel cheated...then I see I could have ordered tickets on some corps sites for the same price in the section I was looking for and I feel ten times worse. I hope that the shows are incredible, because my experience so far leaves a lot to be desired. :satisfied:

Has anyone else had a similar experience this year? Is there anything I can do to change my tickets?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Going with Ticketmaster was not one of DCI's brightest ideas. I sincerely hope that Acheson and compnay rethink this one during the off season :satisfied:

The seating chart is really messed up this year too. I'm going with a bunch of friends; we're paying $55/ticket and are on the 25-30 yard line in the bottom deck. I'm actually pretty happy with the seats we got for the price we paid. However, there will be people just a few rows above us and even farther from the 50 who will have paid $125. :satisfied: How does that make sense?

I sympathize with the OP for paying a lot and getting crappy seats. Maybe next time you can tell the guy the specific section(s) you would like to sit in? If you click on the seating chart DCI has online the close-up will actually show the section numbers.

A stadium just built, though I know the Colts play there, that has HUGE ties to DCI and BOA and yet somehow there's been no communication about a seating chart for these events? Seems like someone at DCI is dropping the ball big time.

Going with Ticketmaster was not one of DCI's brightest ideas. I sincerely hope that Acheson and compnay rethink this one during the off season :satisfied:

I doubt this was their choice. Usually it's the venue that dictates Ticketmaster as the seller. Almost every major theatre, event center, and sports facility use them now, unfortunately....

There's also the possibility that DCI had no say in who handled ticket sales. It might be that the stadum has an exclusive relationship with TicketBastard.

Garry in Vegas

I just ordered my tickets for Finals from Ticketmaster and I will say I am extremely disappointed. DCI really makes it difficult for their fans to get their tickets when they use Ticketmaster...because, as has been mentioned, the website shows the best view for the Colts...and the man on the phone didn't seem to understand either. I ended up paying $75 for seats PAST the goal line. I have been to two championships, 2002 and 2008, and I never had to pay this much for such poor seating. I understand that ticket prices needed to increase, but...if you need to charge this much for the show, is it worth hosting it in that stadium?

I just feel cheated...then I see I could have ordered tickets on some corps sites for the same price in the section I was looking for and I feel ten times worse. I hope that the shows are incredible, because my experience so far leaves a lot to be desired. :satisfied:

Has anyone else had a similar experience this year? Is there anything I can do to change my tickets?

I hav'nt been to finals since 96 so was really looking forward to this years finals. Like yourself i have paid quite a lot of money for very average seats with a premium charge. Not only that but you cant buy the tickets as a bundle and you get charged for every single ticket you buy and have to go through the same questions and listen to the disclaimer every time.

I have since asked ticketmaster for confirmations of my tickets 3 timesand still havnt recieved an email confirmation yet. this is a pain as im from the UK.

Ticket master is a waste of time

"Best available" might be fine for a Broadway show, but certainly is not even close to being any good for a drum corps show in my opinion...also looking at the seating chart i could not imagine some of those red sections being even remotely worth the price...super premium you say...bull####!

Edited by Liahona