Serious question - I'm not trolling

Old age and treachery will trump youth and inexperience every time. Seriously, I just caught up with this thread and as you have already observed, the feedback has been overwhelmingly in favor of doing it. I have dealt with low back issues for decades and had my right knee scoped (torn medial meniscus) at age 46. At age 50 I marched a full field season in DCA and did fine. Disclaimer - I have always been physically active. I walk around three miles almost every day and hit the gym regularly. If you are in decent shape, you will do OK (you will be in MUCH better shape by Labor Day). If you are not in such good shape now, you have a new motivation to lose weight and get in better condition. One of my dear departed friends, Alan Winslow, went back to marching with Empire Statesmen at an "advanced" age (not sure just how old), and he shared with me that he lost 30 pounds that summer! Not only will people not call you gramps, but they will respect what you are doing.

You will definately be respected( and only a few will call you gramps) :tongue:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic