Show concepts

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I remember when I could bring people who have never been to a drum corps show to a show and have them walking out saying WOW that was cool. I tried bringing some newbies to a show this year and all they could say was what the #### was that I wouldn't do that again.

I took somebody new two days ago. he was totally jazzed and ready to go to championships! BTW, he's in his 50's.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks ALOT.

Just 8 pages into this and I realize whats wrong with almost everything in our country today. Thanks to you, we have pages FILLED with band parents and Dc groupies who have never marched rioting in the thread. How dare you speak your mind and point to the elephant in the room ?

So what if the majority of corps are not entertaining to the experienced DC fan or the musically educated ?

As long as the uneducated think they know what they are speaking of because they have gone to a few shows, just who are you to highlight their ignorance ? Next thing you know you will be saying the health package is no good just because NO ONE UNDERSTANDS IT ? How dare you !

Keep in mind that there are no threads where professionals in the field can discuss the items you brought up without suffering from the rage of the ignorant and if you try ? Watch out for those who admittly have little experience but are proud to use their positions within the forum world to threaten you.

While I don't agree with your post 100%, many interesting points were brought up only to be bashed by doubting Thomas's who have no experience with DC, nor the history behind them to speak with any brain matter in use. They LAUGH at the old park and blows, but at least the old park and blows included the drumline and didn't sent them to the sideline or goal line for a minute or so while the horns ran 16th note scales while being overpowered by the melodics. Of course when the battery does play, they cover most of the runs with rimshots to cover the attacks. What a shame so few people can actually see behind the gimmicks.

It's people like you PCrawford that take a dump in the punchbowl and stir up the flies and maggots that end up gagging the rest of us. THANKS ALOT. Next time just drink the Kool Aide and go with the flow. Drum Corps Marching Bands International = good, and leave it at that.

After reading just 8 pages of this, I seriously wonder about music education today. If these answers are in any way reflective of what ME has done for this country ? It's time to start coaching football where at least you can knock the idiots on their butts when they open their mouths with something ignorant.

I can think of at least one person I'd like to see on the field.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup::worthy:

I took somebody new two days ago. he was totally jazzed and ready to go to championships! BTW, he's in his 50's.

Well, I don't think that most of us are saying that the shows today are horrible! They're pretty decent. We're getting into the "pizza realm".

You know, even bad pizza is still pretty good. Now, I'm not saying today is "bad" drum corps. It just could be tweeked a bit to be better. :thumbup:

Thanks for taking someone new to a show! :thumbup:

the 2 shows with the best crowd reactions in Allentown had the simplest of concepts....SCV and cadets.

go figure