Salem VA

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

" In 6th place...which is really...a tie..for fourth..."

Crowd gasps/cheers.

Nah, the judges get together and conspire and decide who should win or tie. Unless, of course, someone's fave corps wins... :tongue:

So is the conspiracy laid out in advance of the season or does the conspiracy only happen on the spur of the moment? Which judge gets to decide? :thumbdown:

Edited by anniem

Who are you kidding?!?!? ... Crown has had five shows in five days ... going from Tennessee to Alabama to Georgia to South Carolina and to Virginia. They probably could have used a day off to rest.

After years of experience marching in high school, college and with a championship drum corps i will tell you that a day off for some rest is much appreciated (and in the long run it is needed). BUT, it might not always be best for immediate scores. Shows are the best when they are most fresh to the member and when the staff can implement those changes needed to keep those scores rising. I promise you that 2 days of rehearsal with a tired corps are better then 2 days off with a well rested corps when it comes to immediate scores. Adrenaline is a miracle drug and when those tired kids hit the field that tired goes away for about 13 minutes :)

BTW has anyone else noticed how extremely defensive crown fans are on this website? It doesnt matter how nice and supportive anyone is in their posts...if it doesnt say that crown will win the ring this year many of them (especially the ones whose only marching experience is that their kid is in the corps) will be the first to jump to the defensive.

I initially said my comment about the Cavies havin the day off (and that was before the scores were posted) because my experiences in how that relates to confidence and performance, etc. And sure enough scores were posted and my initial thoughts were proved correct.

Edited by GREENBLUE

The way I see it now the scoring groups are:

Blue Devils

Cavaliers

Cadets

Crown

Vanguard

Bluecoats

Phantom --- this group may be catching Bluecoats

BAC

Blue Stars

Blue Knights

Glassmen

Troopers

Colts

Academy

Madison ---- this is the closest group obviously

Spirit

Crossmen

Mandarins

PC

Jersey Surf

Pioneer

Cascades

Great battles all around.... for 2nd, 7th, 10th, 12th, 15th, 18th, and 21st

I would agree. And i also think that 7th group may be catching bluecoats by finals week. Any of that group i think could conceivably end up 6-9.

BTW has anyone else noticed how extremely defensive crown fans are on this website? It doesnt matter how nice and supportive anyone is in their posts...if it doesnt say that crown will win the ring this year many of them (especially the ones whose only marching experience is that their kid is in the corps) will be the first to jump to the defensive.

Welcome to DCP.

They do that for the Cadets as well.

nice. crown guard beat cavies by .40 :thumbdown:

Debbie Torchia didn't dig Cavaliers guard. I'm shocked, shocked. :thumbdown:

nice. crown guard beat cavies by .40 :thumbdown:

Seriously! Just comparing the guard from San Antonio to Atlanta, it's like 2 totally different guards.

They've really stepped it up this past week, hope they keep it up!