Would you be OK with Phantom Regiment winning DCI this year?

Poll  

242 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be OK with Phantom Regiment winning DCI this year, with this show in its current form?

• Yes
    • No

No. BD, Cadets, Crown, SCV, Cavaliers and Bluecoats all have obviously superior products to PR this year. Blue Stars and Boston have at least comparable products to PR.

I would not be happy for an inferior show to beat a better one. I like Phantom's music book too, but I basically agree with where they are placing in all captions. If, in some alternate reality, they gave a "perfect" performance of their music book, I'd want them to get better music performance scores, but their effect and visual placements would still keep them far away from the title.

If you really think they have a top 3 show, I think you should spend more time watching and listening to the videos of the actual top 3!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. BD, Cadets, Crown, SCV, Cavaliers and Bluecoats all have obviously superior products to PR this year. Blue Stars and Boston have at least comparable products to PR.

I would not be happy for an inferior show to beat a better one. I like Phantom's music book too, but I basically agree with where they are placing in all captions. If, in some alternate reality, they gave a "perfect" performance of their music book, I'd want them to get better music performance scores, but their effect and visual placements would still keep them far away from the title.

If you really think they have a top 3 show, I think you should spend more time watching and listening to the videos of the actual top 3!

Comparable? IMO, Blue Stars and Boston have even better shows than the Bluecoats, who are superior to Phantom.

I don't believe their product is as good as Blue Devils, Cavies, Cadets, Crown, Bluecoats, Blue Stars, or Boston.

Got something against SCV? :worthy:

Hroth, I don't get the question and I want Phantom to win every show every year! I have ties to the corps but was completely underwhelmed in Dallas.

Maybe it would have been different had I been able to hear (feel?) the Buicks...but I'm not a very big fan of the Jupiter Bari/Euph horn(s) right now. Good for anyone else, this line was completely off in Dallas or the horn is in need of major attention.

But the show didn't connect. I wouldn't have known anything about what was going on if I didn't know some of the (already obscure) story. Tough to portray. It would be a miracle at this point for the corps to place top 5.

And remember, they never placed 9th in 98-99. This is surprising to say the least. Show, placement, etc.

No. Several others deserve to win, not this show. Weird question.

Comparable? IMO, Blue Stars and Boston have even better shows than the Bluecoats, who are superior to Phantom.

Yowza...calm down, Big Un! Your guys are gonna beat my guys even if mine top out and your bottom out chewin' their cud! :worthy:

Sure, I'd be okay with it . . .I don't much care who wins in the grand scheme of things. I just want to have some cool stuff on the CD's to listen to. If you look at things that way, Phantom already wins . . .along with a number of other corps this year.

However, if we're looking at things objectively, it would be kind of dumb for them to get first with a really pedestrian visual program and colorguard numbers that aren't really top tier.

Short of a rewrite of the entire visual portion of the show, they're looking at topping out at 6th place if they do a flawless run and as low as 9th if things don't go well in Indy.

Boston has as good a show as any of the top 5.

Got something against SCV? :worthy:

Ooops... not at all. They're one of my favs! Add them to my list.