Richmond Roundup

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another slapdown for BK tonight. :sigh: They really need to get their act together if they don't want to get 11th this year. There isn't much time before Allentown and they need to come out doing well so they can have a better seeding for Quarters. Come on BK, pick up the pace. :thumbup:

Why is it that a corps score goes down or up and everyone thinks something happened with the judges. I wish the scores fluctuated like this every night. Could it not just be that maybe they were not as good tonight or better than before. Everyone #####es about slotting and scores until if affects their corps.

Why is it that a corps score goes down or up and everyone thinks something happened with the judges. I wish the scores fluctuated like this every night. Could it not just be that maybe they were not as good tonight or better than before. Everyone #####es about slotting and scores until if affects their corps.

Doesn't bother me one bit.

Another slapdown for BK tonight. :sigh: They really need to get their act together if they don't want to get 11th this year. There isn't much time before Allentown and they need to come out doing well so they can have a better seeding for Quarters. Come on BK, pick up the pace. :thumbup:

Just talked to my grandson in the Blue Knights: "He said it started raining hard in the middle of the show and the field became very slick and 3 of his tuba mates slipped and fell during the show." Give them a break and some positive vibes. They'll come through. Of course, this is a grandmother speaking and I am definitely biased!

Vanguard was fifth place at Atlanta with a 92. Last year the fifth place corps at Quarterfinals scored a 94.225. SCV has two weeks to improve on that 92, but how much higher can their score really climb? IMO, we're going to see a lot of corps' scores stall out over the next few days, because there just isn't anywhere for them to go.

Unless... *gasp* they end up placing higher than 5th this year?

INCONCEIVABLE

Saw a Blue Star member taken by ambulance to the hospital, any word as to how he made out?

That's how it used to be in "the old days". Every show was judged on its own. If you had a good show one night, your score reflected it. If you had a bad show the next night, your score reflected that. That's how it should be.

Not sure why you think it is a slap down? They beat Blue Stars in GE for the first time this year, beat them in percussion and tied them in Music or close to it... Vis was their problem tonight but it was Vis Ensemble which was not the low vis number last week.... They're having a score flux here and there but this is the same Blue Stars that two pointed the G-Men last night and beat BK by only a point tonight.... Plus I was quite impressed with the progress they have made from San Antonio... They still have musical and visual cleaning to do, but I think they'll peak at finals week.... I have a feeling we're gonna see a rise from them!!!

How much better are they doing this year? Go back and take a look at their Allentown performance from a year ago... They were a visual mess.... That was good for 8th going into finals week... This year they are still somewhat dirty but have much better form control, spacial awareness and overall feet... I feel that the show they have this year is one of those that is gonna take until te final moment to clean... GO BK, Shiver Me Timber!!!

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98