Quarterfinals on The Big Screen

Cinemark 15 in Lewisville, TX

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be at the Paradiso theatre in Memphis, TN

It's not. It's going to be RECORDED in HD, but the show will still be in standard definition. There won't be any blu-rays for Finals, either.

Which begs the question... WHY BOTHER?

I can check with the tech guys here at work (I work for the company that does Fathom Events), but I believe it IS being broadcasted in HD.

Even if it's not, the bother is certainly for archival purposes. In a few years, whether it's Blu-ray, digital downloads, or something else, DCI and its fans will certainly be happy that they started to record in HD, and will probably wish that they had started doing it earlier.

Edited by Keith Laubhan

Oh, and I'll be at the Colorado Mills theatre in Lakewood. I've actually never been to the live theatre event. I'm always either at championships or on my way the night of QF, where this year I'll only be going out for Finals night. I'm looking forward to checking it out!

My apologies if this has already been asked, but is it just the Top 6?

Nope... I believe it's the the last 15 corps of QF, with glimpses of the other 7 corps.