Quarterfinals on The Big Screen

According to the DCI website it will be broadcast in HD. This was from JUly 15:

"Big, Loud and Live 6, the live high-definition broadcast of the Drum Corps International World Championship Quarterfinals, will be shown in more than 400 theaters around the country on Thursday, Aug. 6. This one-night-only event will feature the complete performances of the top 15 World Class corps and highlights from the seven additional that will have performed earlier that day.

This year’s edition of the live Drum Corps International cinema event will be more like the real thing than ever before, as the broadcast will be recorded and produced entirely in high definition, ensuring that theater audiences experience the indescribable sound, color, movement and energy of drum corps excitement in a manner second only to being there live at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis for the event."

During the Atlanta Web-Cast Tom Blair even said that they now have the HD cameras and they plan to use them for the BLL 6 event. I wonder if that means blu-ray finals DVD's? That would be fabulous.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hollywood 14-Topeka, KS ..waaayyyy back in the far reaches of the theatre complex !

Southpark Meadows in Austin, Tx. Yeeeehaw! :thumbup:

I will be at the show itself. We tried that theater thingie last year and the theater didn't get the stuff working untill half way throught he Colts show. The theater was in DUBUQUE. Talk about disgruntled patrons. I won't leave it up to chance this year. I wil be there. Synthesizers and all. Yeah, I am a convert, slightly........now how about Semis on the big screen. Make it a package. :thumbup:

Abingdon, Maryland....just north of Baltimore.

Fran

I'll be in Iowa City